Skeeterzx190

0 or 8 degree Livescope mount

Im buying the LS34 live scope and was asked if I wanted the optional 0 degree mount instead. He said you can see under the boat more versus looking out. If a fish closer to boat then you will not loose site of the fish and lure till much closer. Said would have a little blind spot from motor. Curious what are people using? I have an ultrex which it would mount to

2. Member
    I've been using the 8 degree mount for a long time, 4 years with livescope... it works just fine, however, I will be upgrading to the fish obsessed mount this season... which is a 0 degree mount that will do still clear the trolling motor barrel
    2022 Phoenix 919 Pro Xp
    2022 Mercury 225 ProXs 3B171157

3. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Well.....i dont have a 0 mount but also been using LS for a while now......with the 8* mount, you can still see under the boat.....i'm casting ahead to fish and never had to look all the way back to the motor for fish.....that's just me.....not saying its not true but.....hell the Ultrex is canted towards the rear of the boat anyway so that may help you out some if interested in fishing to rear of boat.....the transducer is adjustable on the mount.......
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

4. Member
    I'm not much help answering the question.. but my curiosity got the best of me and I ordered a Fish Obsessed 0 degree with enough spacers to make sure I clear the barrel of the trolling motor head. I'll get it installed next week, or whenever I get my boat back from having the trolling motor fixed.

My biggest problem with clearing the head of the trolling motor. I had trouble seeing my lure when it was directly below me. I'm also running Mega 360, so I have to run the LVS34 pretty low on the shaft.
    Last edited by TNReb; 03-11-2024 at 08:03 PM.
    2023 Puma STS

5. Member
    I used a 32 for a couple of years and then a 34 for a year with the 8* last year I added a FO 0* and it’s a lot easier to see any of my baits.

Take that for what it’s worth. Don’t know if it’s better or worse for other areas of FFS use.

I did also like how I could angle my transducer on a bit more of a an “up looking” angle. Kind of a side benefit for me.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TNReb View Post
    I'm not much help answering the question.. but my curiosity got the best of me and I ordered a Fish Obsessed 0 degree
    Where did you find one? They seem to be out of stock everywhere.
    John

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jejb View Post
    Where did you find one? They seem to be out of stock everywhere.
    Sonar Pros. I think I got his last spacer kit, but I'm not sure about the mount itself.
    2023 Puma STS

8. Member
    Got mine from FO about a month ago and so far I can see my bait better on the fall and retrieve. Previously, with the factory mount I would lose the bait

9. Expert at Retired RangrSkipr's Avatar
    I've always had a separate pole turret with zero deg mount for my transducer. I've never used an 8 deg on a TM but my original Garmin mount was an 8 and I quickly switched it our for a zero mount. To me the zero makes it much easier to track your bait because its not going to cross in or out of the cone at an angle at some point on its way back to or when dropping under the boat. I'm going on 3rd season with the FO and love it

10. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Soooooo....riddle me this.....if using a 0* mount, do you get blockage from the troller footing when in the downview mode??
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fishin couillon View Post
    Soooooo....riddle me this.....if using a 0* mount, do you get blockage from the troller footing when in the downview mode??
    Not if you use the correct spacer/amount of spacers. You can offset it enough to clear the motor. They should name it a parallel mount vs 0 deg.