Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by z385198 View Post
    I used "Posi-lock" connectors. They are amazing connectors. I believe the 10 guage posi locks are yellow and you can easily attach the smaller guage power cords to them.
    No posi loks, garbage for connectors, there will many long term problems with them, Already seeing issues with the sea clear installs.
    Emergency quick fix only!
    Thank You Leon Pugh

2. Member
    I used "Posi-lock" connectors. They are amazing connectors. I believe the 10 guage posi locks are yellow and you can easily attach the smaller guage power cords to them.
    Agreed they work like a charm
    Risen From The Ashes!!

3. Member
    This is what I use. Best butt splice around.

4. ZO6
    I've used Posilocks with great success as well, especially boat trailers but I have always used heat shrink with adhesive over them. I don't think they will last very well due to corrosion without the heat shrink adhesive. Monster Bolt clear heat shrink butt connectors with the step down feature have also worked well. But I also heat shrink them as well. Do it once ... Do it right. The heat shrink is great insurance.

5. Member
    Exactly what I used and since I couldn't mount them i just wrapped them with electrical tape.
    Quote Originally Posted by WranglerSS View Post
    I buy tinned ring connectors sized for the wire gauge I'm running. I then use a quality crimper and marine grade heat shrink with adhesive. I connect them using a buss bar like these.

Attachment 544957
    2022 Ranger RB190
    Mercury 115 Proxs

6. Member
    There are more ways than one to do it "right"
    Not every boat has a spot for a fuse box , and not everyone wants to use one

This is at my foot control tray . Pair of Amazon.com: Kimbluth 8 Gauge Duplex Marine Wire Tinned Copper Boat Cable, 40ft 8 AWG Standard USA OFC Oxygen Free Copper Wire for Automotive Boat Speakers Solar Outdoors : Sports & Outdoors to the bow , tinned butt hydraulic crimped to four 14ga fuse holders , four 14ga fit into one side of an 8 ga butt . Two for graphs , one for Nmea power , one for future . Soldered to power cords w/ shrink wrap .

Same thing different 8ga pair at helm , all run back to a disconnect

Not saying anything's wrong with a ring terminaled fuse box , just another way to go
    20240316_125039.jpg
    2000 Champion 190SX
    2000 Yamaha VMAX 150
    Garmin Force
    106`s @ bow & console
    93 SV UHD 2 @ bow
    LVS 32 perspective
    LVS 34 forward
    Talon

7. Member
    Not saying anything is wrong with properly connected with the proper Marine wire (thin stranded tinned copper) and connectors sized and crimped properly. Some ways have more things to be done properly by someone that knows how. One crimp on each end done properly and screwed to the block has less chance to make mistakes and makes troubleshooting easier in the future. These are choices we all get to make on our own. We also have different experience levels as well. Some of us are miles ahead if we pay to have it done properly by an experienced pro. JMO Bob
    Note: Beautiful area you live in!
    Last edited by bobcoy; 03-21-2024 at 11:16 AM. Reason: typing +
    Tell me where has a slow movin' once quick draw outlaw got to go

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis S. View Post
    This is what I use. Best butt splice around.

Wago's work great indoors, but I wouldn't trust them in a damp environment.
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

Wago’s aren’t legal for indoors in a lot of states IMG_9827.jpeg
    2011 Ranger z521/2023 250ProXS

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjenson View Post
    Wago's work great indoors, but I wouldn't trust them in a damp environment.
    They work great in a lot of damp industrial environments. I have used them for many years in my boat and truck. I sell them. Great friends with the rep. Trust me, no problems.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 1BADAIR View Post
    Wago’s aren’t legal for indoors in a lot of states IMG_9827.jpeg
    I'd like to know where they aren't legal.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12