Rt178 Transducer placement

I have a 23 Rt178 i want to install a garmin sv93uhd2 with the 56 transducer. I want to mount it to the transom but the mount seems too big to raise transducer to the proper height.the pic closer to the center of boat has enough room for proper height but seems a little too close to center of boat.
    The outside pic is positioned close to the factory transducer location but i can not raise this mount enough and transducer will be low. Any suggestions? outside.jpgcenter.jpg

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by therocknj View Post
    I have a 23 Rt178 i want to install a garmin sv93uhd2 with the 56 transducer. I want to mount it to the transom but the mount seems too big to raise transducer to the proper height.the pic closer to the center of boat has enough room for proper height but seems a little too close to center of boat.
    The outside pic is positioned close to the factory transducer location but i can not raise this mount enough and transducer will be low. Any suggestions? outside.jpgcenter.jpg
    My RT188 transom looks the same as yours. I put mine inboard in between those outlets like you have pictured. It works great! I'm getting depth at wide open speeds, side imaging works great. This is with a GT54UHD from Garmin. Bottom half of sensor is below the bottom of the hull.
    2022 Ranger RT188, Mercury 115 Pro XS CT 2.38, 21p Tempest Plus