Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Young Guns and FFS

I can honestly say that I rarely watch these long podcasts. I guess if I had a job where I had the time to listen there is a lot that can be learned. Luckily I had a little time to listen to the whole thing this evening. I'm rarely on YouTube, so maybe this is on there as well, but they are new on Rumble. I found this podcast with many interesting nuggets of information. Ben Milliken, Trey, and Alton JR. were guests this week. I didn't even know that 12 states were in the process of trying to eliminate FFS in their state by getting it put on ballots. This video was very entertaining, and next week they will be having some of the old guard anglers come on. I must admit I'm impressed by these youngsters and the knowledge they have obtained. New respect after listening to this.

https://rumble.com/v4i2k09-are-we-wi...evolution.html

2. Member
    TY for posting another thread on FFS.. so refreshing

Quote Originally Posted by weiglein4 View Post
    TY for posting another thread on FFS.. so refreshing
    It really wasn't about that the entire show. It was more about how they approach different bodies of water. Listening to the nuances of jig fishing and how the fish react to a lure. Fishing laydowns that Trey talked about in his tournaments was eye opening. There were lots of little tips that come out in the discussions that would help people catch more fish. I probably could have titled it a little differently.

4. Member
    If you are tired of FFS posts, don’t open them.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jimsch View Post
    If you are tired of FFS posts, don’t open them.
    This. It literally says FFS in the title.
    USMC (Ret) 1988-2008
    2014 Lowe Stinger ST175
    Mercury 75 HP four stroke

6. USAF and DOD retired Phoenix Jim's Avatar
    2018 Phoenix 920 Pro XP

Quote Originally Posted by bigbass201 View Post
    I didn't even know that 12 states were in the process of trying to eliminate FFS in their state by getting it put on ballots.
    Why stop there... Lets ban rifle scopes, tree stands, game cameras, deer feeders, binoculars, compound bows.....

Honora Primum Vel Nullum Omnin Honorem

I can honestly say that I rarely watch these long podcasts. I guess if I had a job where I had the time to listen there is a lot that can be learned. Luckily I had a little time to listen to the whole thing this evening. I'm rarely on YouTube, so maybe this is on there as well, but they are new on Rumble. I found this podcast with many interesting nuggets of information. Ben Milliken, Trey, and Alton JR. were guests this week. I didn't even know that 12 states were in the process of trying to eliminate FFS in their state by getting it put on ballots. This video was very entertaining, and next week they will be having some of the old guard anglers come on. I must admit I'm impressed by these youngsters and the knowledge they have obtained. New respect after listening to this.

https://rumble.com/v4i2k09-are-we-wi...evolution.html

What 12 states?

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryanmc57 View Post
    Why stop there... Let’s ban rifle scopes, tree stands, game cameras, deer feeders, binoculars, compound bows.....
    Apparently your not familiar with the many bands in many states…..

Quote Originally Posted by JTN View Post
    Lots of good bands in Texas ....

Honora Primum Vel Nullum Omnin Honorem

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JTN View Post
    Are any of those things banned? Maybe feeders and in MO only up to 30 days before you hunt but you can still use minerals, mineral licks plus food plots to attract deer to a specific area including scents.
    If professionals who's careers depend on catching fish use FFS then that's what I'm using. Might be too simple of a philosophy but makes sense to me.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    What 12 states?
    Yeah...what 12?
    2020 Skeeter ZX150

13. Member
    What is FFS??
    ~~1995 Gambler~~

Mercury 250 ProXS
    Bobs 10" AJ
    Dual Power Poles
    2-HB 1199's HB 1158 HB 597 in dash
    Ultrex 112

"Runs like a cheetah... with his @$$ on fire"

Banning of anything can be a slippery slope, and likely one we need to stay off of. Like it or not, there are differences in what technology brings to sports, any sport but it's no different than other advantages of age, strength, ability, etc. These FFS discussion are largely predicated on new kids vs. old guard, and all of us older guys (I'm 60) are going to have to admit the younger kids have some advantages, particularly with tech. But that isn't all. I fish with my early 20's son a lot and he can skip, pitch, case with a precision I'll never be able to replicate and that's an advantage. Look at golf, and imagine even a 55 year old Jack Nicklaus having to compete with the kids out there today, and the new tech. Things change, and sometimes in not comfortable ways for those of us with years of "experience".

Basscat Eyra
    Mercury 250 ProXS

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry;[URL="tel:13416316"
    13416316[/URL]]What 12 states?
    Ken Duke who hosts the show used to be an attorney from what I gathered from the show. He mentioned Wisconsin and did not mention the other 11 states by name.

I’m regretting the titling of this post now. There was so much more in that video than FFS. Trey blew me away at his knowledge for a 19 year old. The conversation they have at how long to work on a fish. Trey actually has went under water to see what the clicking from his sonar felt like. Their discussion of how bass reacts to it in shallow waters vs deep water. Alton Jr discussing growing up on tour and how he would hang out with Aaron Martens late at night because he would be the only one still up tinkering with his tackle at midnight. I was just trying to share show that talks about lot of the behind the scenes thoughts and processes. Something I usually don’t have time to watch, but this weekend it sure beats any garbage that was on TV. Lol.

Ken Duke who hosts the show used to be an attorney from what I gathered from the show. He mentioned Wisconsin and did not mention the other 11 states by name.

I’m regretting the titling of this post now. There was so much more in that video than FFS. Trey blew me away at his knowledge for a 19 year old. The conversation they have at how long to work on a fish. Trey actually has went under water to see what the clicking from his sonar felt like. Their discussion of how bass reacts to it in shallow waters vs deep water. Alton Jr discussing growing up on tour and how he would hang out with Aaron Martens late at night because he would be the only one still up tinkering with his tackle at midnight. I was just trying to share show that talks about lot of the behind the scenes thoughts and processes. Something I usually don’t have time to watch, but this weekend it sure beats any garbage that was on TV. Lol.

You would think if 12 states were looking to ban it then there would ve some links. Just calling the WI deal as an actual effort to ban is a bit premature. Someone posted that link and there is no info there to really back up his statement.

Perhaps it's hyperbole and a click bait type deal to get views abd listen by saying 12 states are looking at banning it.

17. Member
    States banning fishing products such as new effective lures are long time fishing myths.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LateralLine View Post
    Are any of those things banned? Maybe feeders and in MO only up to 30 days before you hunt but you can still use minerals, mineral licks plus food plots to attract deer to a specific area including scents.
    Search Burris Eliminator rifle scope states illegal, Archery lighted arrow nocks, lighted sight pins, mechanical broad heads…just a few.

19. Member
    “Old Guard”. Hahahaha. We sure like drama. Just some guys that 99.9 of the population have never heard of.
    Hang on. I'll help you in 77 minutes.

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Babe Winkleworm View Post
    What is FFS??
    "For F@ck's Sake"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast