Thread: Uk v Tenn

Uk v Tenn

Could this be a huge choke job for UK?

2. Member
    Had an 11 point lead under 2 minutes to go . Now it’s a one possession game. Kentucky outplayed them all game then they’ve just quit.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by spinningreel View Post
    Had an 11 point lead under 2 minutes to go . Now it’s a one possession game. Kentucky outplayed them all game then they’ve just quit.
    they were letting it slip away, but not sure they quit. Just careless. Freshmen.

Go Cats
    BB1

UT got 6 off inbounds turnovers. Barnes runs a pitino style press and they’re good at it.
    @kennethandmacy
    2004 Triton 196
    200 Merc
    1199/898

5. Member
    Nope! CATS CATS CATS

I just checked, say UK won 85-81. Good for them.

7. Member
    Go Big Blue! Tennessee should have got Knecht some help today.

8. Member
    Go Cats. Just some young guys making mistakes at the end. But they played really good right to the end. Go Cats.

9. Member
    Good ole Rocky Flop, Rocky flop Tennessee

10. Member
    Never a doubt. Go Cats!
    Basscat Pantera 2

11. Member
    Cats may have won but Cal does less with more than any coach in America.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BemisBasser View Post
    AGREED

13. Member
    Yep.

14. Member
    I tend to agree but not related to recent years.

If I look at the stud which is Devon Booker, as example, it says to me that a 18/19 year old is a shell of what they might become in only a few years. I can also see where had Devon went to a school with less talent, he might have been able to be a focal point and throw up 20 a game on a sub 500 team. This later style would likely resemble AAU style ball but would not develop him for the next level as well.

The reason I would agree with you was the almost unbeaten team of roughly 2015 where they lost to Wisconsin in the final 4. Both teams were really good but UK was far deeper. Seems Cal could have crafted a way to win but he did not.

The Duke team with Zion that lost in the tournament kinda changed my mind on how hard it is to win period, and even harder to win with young talent. I think Coach K was a great floor general.
    2024 Phoenix 818
    2024 merc 175 pro xs 3B411947

15. Member
    2 active coaches with 800 + victories, Coack Cal and coach Barnes.

Cal is a proven winner and is hall of fame member . Hard to get enshrined in hall of fame and still be coaching. Not sure but Barnes is next. Barnes has yet to win NCAA championship and took Texas to his only final 4 appearance.

Cal , at UK ,has one NCAA championship and 4 final 4 appearances. So 5 final fours in 15 years.

UK fan since childhood and 69 yrs old now. Go back to the shambles the program was in prior to Cal. Compare it to today. UK has a good coach.

Some of remind me of an old friend who thought UK should win the NCAA every year or the season was a failure.

A kid goes to college and hones his skills toward his choice of employment and Cal's players are no different. Making the big bucks in NBA is the ultimate goal. Cal has sent 47 players to NBA including 35 first round picks.

Born and raised in KY so I know the expectations and I know the unreasonable demands the "fans" have.

Calipari wil be at UK for as long as he wishes and has a contract to reflect that.
    We are all born ignorant but one must work really hard to remain stupid---Ben Franklin

16. Member
    I agree with you

my mind struggles to think of a coach who could come into Lexington and do better. We know the failures that came before.

lets forget the freshman using college as a stepping stone for a moment. The transfer portal and money has changed the game imo in even bigger ways.

Just enjoy it for what it is worth and don't think about the result as part of our being. Life is about more the a sport or a team. Its about fishing correct :)
    2024 Phoenix 818
    2024 merc 175 pro xs 3B411947

More parity in college basketball than ever. These days, there are a dozen teams that could win the title, and everything has to fall in place. You could replay the tournament 5 times and have 5 different winners. Blaming a coach for failing to win a title every 4 or 5 years is harsh.

This UK team has a shot. I was surprised that the betting odds were 25:1, so I invested $50 to win $1250 at Fan Duel. If Cal can't win with this bunch, he should be farred.

18. Member
    It was a good matchup....both teams should make a deep run in the tx....Barnes is always a concern in a tight game though....Knecht was a nice add for him though and difference maker on how his prior teams have been assembled.
    Looking for my next bite!

Cal is a terrible coach. NO ONE has done less with more than him. Both he and Barnhart need to go.

20. Member
    I think the thing people forget is that college basketball has changed more in the last 10 years than any other 10 year span since they ended segregation. Cal has adapted very well for an “old dog”. The last few years have been very disappointing but as a uk fan i cant name one person that would take the job that could do any better. Every year theres a new “hot” young coach that eventually peters out wherever hes at. With nil and free agency of current college players its hard to keep a team at the top
    They aint got hands, set the hook