Active Target not powering up

I installed AT 2 this morning. I connected the yellow wire from box to the yellow wire on my Hds live 12 and I get no power. Ideas?

2. Member
    Did you connect the power wire from the box to power? Sorry, had to ask.

3. Member
    If you mean the red wire no I didn’t.

4. Member
    AT module needs power to the red, ground to the black. Yellow must have:
    1. switched 12V power
    2. Connected to HDS yellow wire to provide 12V wake up power
    3. connected with red wire to 12V power

NoCAL
    2004TR-21X/2015 250 ProXS
    2B112175

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RSteed View Post
    If you mean the red wire no I didn’t.
    Yes, the box has to have its own connection to + and -.

6. Member
    If you want maximum flexibility in operating your Active Target then connect its yellow wire to an accessory switch on your dash panel, and the red wire to your boat's main power buss and the black to the negative buss.

Alternatively you can connect it to the yellow wire of an HDS unit's yellow wire, but then both are always powered on even when not needed.

A third way is to connect both red and yellow of the AT power cable together to a 12v source, but again this doesn't allow independent shutoff of your AT unless both are on a separate switch.

Regardless, 12v must be at the red wire connection and the yellow wire connection for the AT wire harness. You can learn more by subscribing to my YouTube Channel (@marcmarcantonio).
    ciao,
    Marc

7. Member
    I switched my yellow wire, but I have a dedicated unit to view AT, and when I fish it is always on. To date I have never seen the need to turn off the box while the dedicated unit is on. But it is there if I decide to use it.

8. Member
    Update: it is working now. Yellow wire to yellow wire. I installed the fuse on the red wire and attached it to a red terminal with a female connector to the thingy at my bow under the graph plate. Attached the black wire to a black connection. That’s all I got. It turns on and off with my Hds live unit. I hope my boat doesn’t catch on fire. I’m an electrical dummy! I did use good connectors and I taped all connections as well. Thanks for y’all’s help.

9. Member
    Check that your depth finder and ACTIVE TARGET have current software. See Marks Facebook page for how this is done.