water pump rebuild kit

Does the water pump rebuild kit include the shift and drive shaft seals? I'm wanting to do all 3 when I do my water pump. Thanks. 2012 250proxs sn#1b961952

No, If no water in the lube, do not replace those seals as you could very well create a leak.
    Thank You Leon Pugh

3. Member
    I got a little milky last change. And I'm getting oil leaking from the low water inlet.

Quote Originally Posted by flipNfrog View Post
    I got a little milky last change. And I'm getting oil leaking from the low water inlet.
    Leak is most likely a lower crankshaft seal or oil pump
    Thank You Leon Pugh

Quote Originally Posted by lpugh View Post
    Leak is most likely a lower crankshaft seal or oil pump
    Not sure how either of those would show oil at the lower water inlet or allow water to get in the gear lube. OP, your best bet is to get the lower unit pressure tested and confirm the leak.

Honora Primum Vel Nullum Omnin Honorem

6. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryanmc57 View Post
    Not sure how either of those would show oil at the lower water inlet or allow water to get in the gear lube. OP, your best bet is to get the lower unit pressure tested and confirm the leak.
    ^^^^^ This.

Water pump kits come in a variety of configurations (more than a 1/2 dozen that will work on your engine). Limited ones come with the seal carrier- which is the BEST method to replace DS seals as it's ready to install.

Shift shaft seal can be ordered separately, or in a complete seal kit (alternately as the seal carrier/plate as well).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

7. Member
    Pressure test it is thanks guys.

8. Member
    when your in there if you replace the shift seal and gasket dont let the shaft come up out of the shift crank or complete disassembly is required
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

Quote Originally Posted by JOE54 View Post
    when your in there if you replace the shift seal and gasket dont let the shaft come up out of the shift crank or complete disassembly is required
    That's a great reason to not replace the shift shat seal unless you have to...

Honora Primum Vel Nullum Omnin Honorem