Software Updates on One Boat Network

This might be a stupid question but here goes. I prefer doing the software updates using a computer and SD card. The One Boat Network App continues to show updates are available. Is there a way to clear those from the app?

2. USAF and DOD retired Phoenix Jim's Avatar
    I wish. I show the same thing. Not impressed with this app
    2018 Phoenix 920 Pro XP

Quote Originally Posted by dvbass View Post
    This might be a stupid question but here goes. I prefer doing the software updates using a computer and SD card. The One Boat Network App continues to show updates are available. Is there a way to clear those from the app?
    Once you are done with all the updates on your units. Connect your phone to one of your units through Bluetooth and the one boat app will update your network and all the current software versions.

2012 Ranger z521
    Mercury 250 Pro XS

4. Humminbird Moderator SLYDoggie's Avatar
    After a software update, you will need to pair your phone to one of the control heads again. Even if you don't do a Restore Factory Defaults, the current Humminbird update process does a Restore Factory Defaults both before and after the update. Until you pair the Bluetooth again, the app will continue to display the last known status but it will be "dulled", since it isn't actually connected to the unit.

Once you make the bluetooth connection again, everything will be updated to the current status.
    ---> Regards, Steve Yarbrough (AKA: SLYDoggieTN on YouTube)
    • Apex 19/16/13, Mega 360, and Mega Live
    • Minn Kota Ulterra Quest Trolling Motor
    • (2) Cannon Optimum Bluetooth Downriggers
    • Impulse Lithium Batteries... 36V 60AH for Trolling Motor, (2) 12V 120AH for Cranking & Electronics, 12V 60AH for Downriggers

Quote Originally Posted by SLYDoggie View Post
    After a software update, you will need to pair your phone to one of the control heads again. Even if you don't do a Restore Factory Defaults, the current Humminbird update process does a Restore Factory Defaults both before and after the update. Until you pair the Bluetooth again, the app will continue to display the last known status but it will be "dulled", since it isn't actually connected to the unit.

Once you make the bluetooth connection again, everything will be updated to the current status.
    How did you confirm they’ve had the factory restore as the automated last step in the update process?

2019 Basscat Caracal
    225 Evinrude G2
    Solix 12 Mega SI bow and console
    Mega Live
    36V Ultrex

6. Member
    I'd like to ask something. I'm not trying to be negative. I just don't understand.

Is this something useful that will help catch more fish, or just another app for people that can't put their phones down?

When I get in the Skeeter, my phone goes in the holder and I try my best to leave it there. I cringe when it beeps or rings. I wish there was some way to upgrade the Ultrex, IPilot and the remote without using the phone.

Am I missing something that's going to increase the usefulness of the 3 - Helix's I have now?

Don't start me on the Ionic Blue app.

Seriously, like most of us, I have an umbilical to my phone. I try to disconnect when fishing.

Quote Originally Posted by MCIPinkie View Post
    I'd like to ask something. I'm not trying to be negative. I just don't understand.

Is this something useful that will help catch more fish, or just another app for people that can't put their phones down?

When I get in the Skeeter, my phone goes in the holder and I try my best to leave it there. I cringe when it beeps or rings. I wish there was some way to upgrade the Ultrex, IPilot and the remote without using the phone.

Am I missing something that's going to increase the usefulness of the 3 - Helix's I have now?

Seriously, like most of us, I have an umbilical to my phone. I try to disconnect when fishing.
    It is a way to do updates for those that don't have a computer to do the downloads.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

8. Member
    If you have the remote you don’t have to have the app. If you don’t want to use any of the features you don’t even need the app or the remote. Then in that case save your money and keep what you have. My phone stays in my pocket unless it rings. I do use the remote and/or the finders to do some of the functions I use. You can do updates the same as always (with an SD card you download from your PC) None of this stuff is mandatory unless you want to use new features. Do it your way! I am so backwards I only have 2 finders on my boat! But I do like to play with the new stuff if I find it useful. Everything is optional. JMO Bob
    Tell me where has a slow movin' once quick draw outlaw got to go

9. Member
    Thanks Wayne, Bob.

Same here. I've always used SD cards for upgrades and will stay that way. Upgraded my Helix's and ML today with the latest gifts from Eufala.

Just wanted to be sure I wasn't missing something.

10. Humminbird Moderator SLYDoggie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollada View Post
    How did you confirm they’ve had the factory restore as the automated last step in the update process?
    I first got that information from a Humminbird Rep at a fishing show. I then contacted Humminbird support to make absolutely sure it was true, and it was confirmed.

Many still do the Restore Factory Defaults before and after an update and that is totally fine. In fact, the instructions still say to do a Restore Factory Defaults before you start the update.
    ---> Regards, Steve Yarbrough (AKA: SLYDoggieTN on YouTube)
    • Apex 19/16/13, Mega 360, and Mega Live
    • Minn Kota Ulterra Quest Trolling Motor
    • (2) Cannon Optimum Bluetooth Downriggers
    • Impulse Lithium Batteries... 36V 60AH for Trolling Motor, (2) 12V 120AH for Cranking & Electronics, 12V 60AH for Downriggers

Quote Originally Posted by MCIPinkie View Post

It's useful to me to have my Lakemaster VX maps on my phone. I spend a fair amount scouting/prepping using that feature. Don't really use it once I'm on the water though.

2012 Ranger z521
    Mercury 250 Pro XS

Quote Originally Posted by SLYDoggie View Post
    I first got that information from a Humminbird Rep at a fishing show. I then contacted Humminbird support to make absolutely sure it was true, and it was confirmed.

Many still do the Restore Factory Defaults before and after an update and that is totally fine. In fact, the instructions still say to do a Restore Factory Defaults before you start the update.
    Unless I heard it from the engineer that wrote and/or tested the code I’m not sure I’d believe it. People still have lots of problems after updates that are resolved with a reset. This would indicate that it is not happening as part of the process. That and the number of times that the units (solix) freeze at the end of the update and need to be powered down (with a few Hail Marys and a shot of Jack).

2019 Basscat Caracal
    225 Evinrude G2
    Solix 12 Mega SI bow and console
    Mega Live
    36V Ultrex