Best Boat Cover?

My 190tx came with a Tracker Dowco cover. It fits perfectly but is NOT waterproof, only water resistant. Any heavy rain and the water gets through. I've been using a Walmart tarp and it looks like shit but it's the only thing that is truly waterproof, even during the heaviest rains.

Any suggestions of a truly waterproof fitted cover?

2. Member
    I have a 2022 tracker 195TWX and this cover keeps it dry in some good storms. I bought the universal.
    carver cover so it has a built in motor cover. check them out and if you want I can send you a picture.
    Boat Covers Available from Carver or Shoretex (boatcoversdirect.com)

3. Member
    In my experience, the best fit, the ability to shed water and longevity has been with a cover made by a local upholstery shop. Next best was Aurora Canvas. Either of these options will be more expensive than universal type covers.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobnfl View Post
    I have a 2022 tracker 195TWX and this cover keeps it dry in some good storms. I bought the universal.
    carver cover so it has a built in motor cover. check them out and if you want I can send you a picture.
    Boat Covers Available from Carver or Shoretex (boatcoversdirect.com)
    did u get the cover for $250 or $600? Thanks

5. Member
    I think mine was around $350

6. Member
    Spent $475 with National Covers in 2020 and it's held up great. Absolutely waterproof.

7. Member
    Make sure you are waterproofing the cover yearly. Install the cover. Wait until it's had a good run of hot, dry days. Spray it well with a silicone based waterproofing treatment. Make sure to spray the threads at the seams heavily so they absorb the silicone as they are leak points if they dry out. I'm done this to tents and covers for 35 years and never had a leaker, never had seams dry rot and tear out and generally get 20+ years out of basic nylon tents without fail. Like almost everything, proper maintenance gets superior performance.
    2023 Targa V-19 Combo
    Mercury 200hp XS XL Four stroke
    Garmin Force TM-36v Ionic Lithium Batteries
    Best Speed to date: 51.2mph
    BEST/WORST: Storage / Compartment moisture

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CincyGus View Post
    Make sure you are waterproofing the cover yearly. Install the cover. Wait until it's had a good run of hot, dry days. Spray it well with a silicone based waterproofing treatment. Make sure to spray the threads at the seams heavily so they absorb the silicone as they are leak points if they dry out. I'm done this to tents and covers for 35 years and never had a leaker, never had seams dry rot and tear out and generally get 20+ years out of basic nylon tents without fail. Like almost everything, proper maintenance gets superior performance.
    This is good advice, do you have a specific treatment brand you'd suggest?

9. Member
    This is what I have used in the past. https://www.amazon.com/Sof-Sole-Sili...s%2C123&sr=8-5
    2023 Targa V-19 Combo
    Mercury 200hp XS XL Four stroke
    Garmin Force TM-36v Ionic Lithium Batteries
    Best Speed to date: 51.2mph
    BEST/WORST: Storage / Compartment moisture

10. Member

11. Member
    Do you recall if the cover goes all the way back to the stern where the motor is mounted or is there a gap allowing water to run down into the splashwell? (that's how my current cover is). image0 (4).jpg

12. Member
    IMG_20240311_114951489.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by paul40269 View Post
    Do you recall if the cover goes all the way back to the stern where the motor is
    mounted or is there a gap allowing water to run down into the splashwell? (that's how my current cover is). image0 (4).jpg
    Here's what it looks like from the rear. It is off the back to allow for air flow. It gets no rain in from the rear. The inside stays dry. I used the same type of cover for years on my Nitro 750 with no problems.

13. Member
    If the cover fits well then I would try a waterproof spray, be aware some sprays have chemicals that can damage certain cover materials. I know star brite makes a waterproof spray that is compatible and comes in a gallon. While stored (not in tow) ...you could use some universal pole supports to eliminate the areas where is sags and the water will drain much quicker which helps a lot.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by scuppernog View Post
    If the cover fits well then I would try a waterproof spray, be aware some sprays have chemicals that can damage certain cover materials. I know star brite makes a waterproof spray that is compatible and comes in a gallon. While stored (not in tow) ...you could use some universal pole supports to eliminate the areas where is sags and the water will drain much quicker which helps a lot.
    I tried treating it with 3M waterproofer, glued all the seams with waterproofing glue, propped the cover up underneath as much as possible, but it just does not withstand a hard soaking rain. Sucks because the cover is only two years old and was only used in the spring/summer during that time.

15. Member
    IMG_20240311_114951489.jpg
    Here's what it looks like from the rear. It is off the back to allow for air flow. It gets no rain in from the rear. The inside stays dry. I used the same type of cover for years on my Nitro 750 with no problems.
    Thanks for taking the time to respond. Looks great. Very helpful. Coverdirect.com does not allow returns so wanna make sure.

16. Member
    I have never treated it , I just took it out of the box and put it on. Boat stays dry in the heaviest rains and blowing winds. I am in central florida so we get some good storms here,