Purchasing Active Target 2 today. Is Elite Fs enough?

Do I need a separate unit like the HDSPro or will the Elite FS run both tranducers ? I still want down scan and 2d sonar on my screen.

2. Member
    I'll let the more knowledgeable folks comment on the technical aspects and considerations of your question, but as someone who came from virtually no experience with Active Target to now having it on both of my Vexus bass boats, I will say that a 9" screen is pretty small compared to the 12" HDS Live 12 and HDS Pro 12 units I now have and the better resolution really helps with keeping track of fish movement and seeing your lure in relationship with how the fish behave towards your lure. Ultimately, only you can answer some of these questions since you are spending your hard-earned money, but my aging eyes really appreciate the better resolution and screen size of the larger HDS Live/Pro 12 units.

Good luck with your Active Target 2 purchase!
    2022 Vexus VX20/Mercury 250 Pro XS | 2021 Vexus AVX 1980/Mercury 150 Pro XS | "Overkill is underrated!" - "Då Som Nu För Alltid"

3. Member
    AT connects to youenjmit using ethernet, regular transducers like AI 3i1, HDI etc connects directly to the unit. In other words, you do not need another unit.

4. Member
    I purchased Active Target 2 and the HDS Live 12 unit. I will use it for crappie fishing. Now I have to install them! Help!

5. Member
    I have several helpful videos on installation on my YouTube channel (@marcmarcantonio).
    ciao,
    Marc

6. Member
    ^^^^ This is the most expedient process to use. Marc's videos were instrumental in me learning to do things like successfully updating my HDS Live units and a variety of other activities that allowed me to use my units in at least a semi-proficient manner, most of the time.

After all the stuff is installed and working, then the true work begins, where and how to use it all! Good luck with your FFS journey and tight lines!
    2022 Vexus VX20/Mercury 250 Pro XS | 2021 Vexus AVX 1980/Mercury 150 Pro XS | "Overkill is underrated!" - "Då Som Nu För Alltid"