Skeeter live well float

I saw a video from Brandon Palaniuk where is shows a float/cushion that he uses in his live well to help with fish care. He said it's standard with the FX this year. Can anyone buy this from Skeeter?
    2021 Skeeter ZX225
    2021 Yamaha SHO 225 VF225LA

2. Member
    if you can't find it, try pool noodles. Jacob Wheeler uses them as well as others
    or

An Easy Livewell Trick for Better Fish Care - Wired2Fish

3. Member
    Ashmore Marine has them for $40 each (you will need 2). I’m giving it thought, but my main purpose would be to keep fish from jumping out, not “protecting” the fish from bouncing around. Not sure if this really happens, but I’ve NEVER lost a fish from this and I’ve had my share of 2 hours runs on extremely rough water like Lake Erie or St. Clair. My only skeptism is that water absorbs oxygen by agitation of the water surface. It seems this would limit that. Added benifit might be that it couls add another layer of insulation that helps keep water temos down.

It looks like something easy to make yourself, but there coukd be a chance that some foams could release toxic chemicals in the water.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JJohnSind View Post
    Ashmore Marine has them for $40 each (you will need 2). I’m giving it thought, but my main purpose would be to keep fish from jumping out, not “protecting” the fish from bouncing around. Not sure if this really happens, but I’ve NEVER lost a fish from this and I’ve had my share of 2 hours runs on extremely rough water like Lake Erie or St. Clair. My only skeptism is that water absorbs oxygen by agitation of the water surface. It seems this would limit that. Added benifit might be that it couls add another layer of insulation that helps keep water temos down.

It looks like something easy to make yourself, but there coukd be a chance that some foams could release toxic chemicals in the water.
    -
    Thanks. The video pointed out benefits of this float was to help insulate the live well and keep the fish from getting bounced around. I'm not actually sure if these float or sink a little but I agree with you it seems they could interfere with the recirculating of the water. I don't plan on buying them I was just curious where you could get them if you wanted them. Thanks for the information.
    2021 Skeeter ZX225
    2021 Yamaha SHO 225 VF225LA