Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Delta Bass Fool View Post
    I'm more interested in hearing what y'all are doing to bring in 100+, 150+, 200+ etc.
    Wife is a senior managing attorney at a workman's comp firm, she protects the companies she represents from false or egregious injury claims.

I own a Union Electrical and Low voltage shop that has contracts with the state and school districts, I average a 35% net profit margin, I instill a US vs Them attitude in my employees, and reward then with handsome year end bonuses, 8k-20k depending on the level in the company.
    Only 18 total employees counting office workers also
    Last edited by DTI0384; 03-10-2024 at 09:04 PM.

2. Member
    Good money in the Midwest, Central, and South/Central U.S. (flyover States) is probably anything over $200,000 per year as an individual income. With this you can have one spouse stay at home to raise the kids, send your kids to private school, keep newer vehicles in the garage with a boat, live in a nicer neighborhood, and save for an early retirement before 60.

3. Member
    I read an interesting study a few years back that asked people if the felt "wealthy". There were people who made 40k a year that felt wealthy and people that that made 250k and did not. The term "good money" would be all in who answers. I think good money would be six figures in the cost of living in my area.
    2020 VEXUS 1880 Victor Red
    Merc 115 HP Pro XS
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80 I-Link MDI
    Helix 10 MEGA+ MSI
    Helix 9 x 2 MEGA+ MDI
    Live Image FFS
    2021 Aluminum Trailer
    10' Talons w/sandwich brackets

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KennyVexus View Post
    I read an interesting study a few years back that asked people if the felt "wealthy". There were people who made 40k a year that felt wealthy and people that that made 250k and did not. The term "good money" would be all in who answers. I think good money would be six figures in the cost of living in my area.
    You have confirmed what I said earlier - "good money" means a lot of different things to different people. Some people chase money their whole lives because that makes them feel more secure. One of the guys I worked with for years was like that - he had millions of dollars but he was a nasty and miserable person. I'd rather have less and enjoy life more.

Thank all of you , I make $80,000.00 a year plus bonus as a senior investigator with the IRS .

Quote Originally Posted by LTZ25 View Post
    Thank all of you , I make $80,000.00 a year plus bonus as a senior investigator with the IRS .

Oh, in that case..... I make less than 20K

7. Ft Gibson Lake America lakefolk's Avatar
    a lot of BS in this thread..

"Being a winner is more than getting a first place trophy, it is acting like the effort was an honor and the trophy is just a decoration."

"A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him"

8. Member
    Wife and I are under 120k a year, with 2 kids 8 and 3. It is so hard to make it, but we find a way.

Quote Originally Posted by ttranger View Post
    You have confirmed what I said earlier - "good money" means a lot of different things to different people. Some people chase money their whole lives because that makes them feel more secure. One of the guys I worked with for years was like that - he had millions of dollars but he was a nasty and miserable person. I'd rather have less and enjoy life more.
    I have a co worker in his early 70"s thats pretty happy go lucky, easy to talk to and generally a really happy little guy. He's debt free, lives in very small home and works simply to have something to occupy his time. His net worth is now over $5 million but you'd never know it unless you really got to know him and he opened up to you. He actually teaches a financial class at a community College. Just has a high school education but learned everything he could about investing and how the stock market works years ago and has been wise with his money.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dixie-Raven View Post
    Also depends on how you choose to live.
    My wife and I are retired. Our tax advisor just notified us we’ll be in a position this year where we’ll pay no federal or state tax. We live modestly yet have what I need to live comfortable. Being blessed and good financial planning has allowed this for us.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LTZ25 View Post
    The wife is retired IRS Director of C.I. fraud detection unit. Let's just say she has done very well.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jtlucas View Post
    Now we make $200k and feel like we're barely getting along. No debt and a 1k rent payment for our townhouse each month and it seems like we're gonna have to pay cash to buy a property to build on.
    I don't even feel like where matters but Really?
    If professionals who's careers depend on catching fish use FFS then that's what I'm using. Might be too simple of a philosophy but makes sense to me.

13. Member
    Principals are the new under the radar millionaires. Make $130-165K in North Jersey and often do side jobs like speaking and advisement to other districts. That and a great pension program where you can then double-dip into neighboring state and do it all agin equals nice salary and retirement.
    Quote Originally Posted by BP in ME View Post
    Dave Ramsey likes to cite that the two most common professions among millionaires are/were teaching and engineering. Engineering makes sense if you consider that it generally pays well and the type of people that become engineers are also the type to be very disciplined and pragmatic in how they spend, invest, etc. Unfortunately, I've never heard him explain how teachers get there. I guess professors are teachers as well so they might pull the avg. income upward but teaching is not where most people go to get rich. Is it the pension? Does it allow for lucrative side hustles? Selling grades?

14. Member
    A good bit of it is expenses to run my rodeo business. The rest goes straight to savings for a down payment on property.

Quote Originally Posted by Bassin08 View Post
    Just curious, what do you spend $188,000 a year on?

15. Member

16. Member
    Barely getting along to me is a mentality and feeling. I lost my childhood home to foreclosure as a freshman in HS so I honestly don't think making 7 figures a year would feel like enough. We worked our tails off to pay 100k in student loans in 4.5 years with car notes at 0%. We're blessed to be "comfortable" but I don't think any amount ever feels like enough.

Quote Originally Posted by ECobb91 View Post
    no offense but if you make 200k a year, have no debt, only pay 1000 a month for rent, and are fortunate enough to have enough money that paying cash for property and building a house is even an option, you’re not “barely getting along”…

im a licensed engineer, and my wife is a teaching assistant. we barely bring in 100k a year. our mortgage is about what your rent is. We have no credit card debt but 2 car loans, roof repair loan, pop up camper loan, my student loan and daycare… we are “getting by”, it’s not comfortable but doable.

I’d think if we pulled in double what we do now we’d never be concerned about “barely getting along” unless we are living well outside our means

17. Member
    Interesting thread. I know it's been stated a bunch but this group is going to be a high income bracket with disposable income but still pretty wild to read the some of the numbers thrown out.
    Phoenix 721 - Yamaha SHO 250 - 8' Blades

18. Member
    About 100k is a good profit. Such funds can be obtained thanks to good advertising and investments that contribute to business improvement. Together with custom AdTech development services https://teqblaze.com/ , you can get such a profit, because the company will expand the business and it will be a very good capital investment
    Last edited by maryglo; 03-18-2024 at 03:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ProVle View Post
    The wife is retired IRS Director of C.I. fraud detection unit. Let's just say she has done very well.
    I'M not doubting that , happy for her .

20. Member
    My wife and I are retired, 4 grown kids, all doing well, house was paid off several years before retirement, and 1 car note and, of course, paid cash for my new boat in 2020. We had a gross of just over 100 last year and can pretty much do whatever we want so I say we are very comfortable with that.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast