Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
  1. Member
    Single guy, 60 years old,no exes and no kids. I make about 155K a year from my job and get another check for 10K for farm rental income. I could pay off my house, but it is low interest and I'm making more money by keeping it in a money market account.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by skeeterator View Post
    I have a co worker in his early 70"s thats pretty happy go lucky, easy to talk to and generally a really happy little guy. He's debt free, lives in very small home and works simply to have something to occupy his time. His net worth is now over $5 million but you'd never know it unless you really got to know him and he opened up to you. He actually teaches a financial class at a community College. Just has a high school education but learned everything he could about investing and how the stock market works years ago and has been wise with his money.
    Sounds like a lot of people that were written about in the millionaire next door. If you save enough then a single income can be a dual income if you get your money working as hard as you do.

Depends on where you live and life style.
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

Way back in the day there was a saying that if you had a salary of $30K by age 30, you were doing well. The number just keeps growing.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Quillback View Post
    Way back in the day there was a saying that if you had a salary of $30K by age 30, you were doing well. The number just keeps growing.
    What is it now? 90K by 90?
    If professionals who's careers depend on catching fish use FFS then that's what I'm using. Might be too simple of a philosophy but makes sense to me.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LateralLine View Post
    lol dont think they match now 200k by 40

Quote Originally Posted by LateralLine View Post
    If you make it to 90, the government should send you a check for $90K.

8. Member
    Taxation rates matter, and the equity in your home are far bigger factors. Household income here of 150 and we live pay cheque to pay cheque, but have a million equity in the house and zero debts plus a retirement fund. The reality though is we don’t live lavishly that is for damn sure.

could certainly change our living situation and be a lot more comfortable, but we have a beautiful home with no “needs” can’t complain
    06 Stratos 294 ProXL

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeeterbag View Post
    I always hear the term “yeah that job pays good money” but it’s always different. Got me thinking…What’s the nominal value you put on “good money”
    When my investments (non-retirement) are making more than I make in salary annually, not there yet but working on it.

10. Member
    Bout 22 haha.

that song lied. 50 thou a year won’t buy a lot of beer.

11. Member
    Roof over my head, truck, boat and can eat where I want. Health is more important than salary. Millions won’t help if you die. I will always work in some form its just the way I’m made. Sure I’d like more but just like anything in life if you want it bad enough you’ll figure it out.

We gross 150-160k in rural Missouri and feel like we do really well. Six figures solo in this area is banking it. I only know of a few people doing that.

I've turned down a lot of money to stay where I'm at though due to the benefits. I'll be able to retire from my current gig when I hit 50 and will get a pay check every month for the rest of my life. I'm 13 years away so that's hard for me to turn down.
    Last edited by st041986; 03-15-2024 at 12:01 PM.
    2017 Legend SS 1860 Semi-V
    2013 Evinrude Etec 150/105 jet drive
    Minn kota Ultrex Quest Trolling Motor
    Humminbird Helix 9 Chirp Mega SI GPS G2N (console)
    Garmin Echomap Ultra 106sv with LVS32 transducer (bow)
    YouTube: youtube.com/Etec86

13. Hunting & Gun Lodge Moderator Roddy's Avatar
    Comfortable varies by area and life experience. I know people who are are comfortable at 100k and others at 300k that feel
    like they are barley getting by.
    It really varies. I have one son in Louisville and $150 k seems fine there. My other son lives in Austin tx and you need twice there to be comfortable.
    SIMMONS CUSTOM BOATS
    Anderson Services LLC
    " Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't"

Bring Back Gluten!!!

14. Member
    3 million in the bank is my comfort level.

15. Hunting & Gun Lodge Moderator Roddy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by geodebasser View Post
    3 million in the bank is my comfort level.
    If that’s where you would put 3 million, you might not get there.
    SIMMONS CUSTOM BOATS
    Anderson Services LLC
    " Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't"

Bring Back Gluten!!!

16. Member
    There have been studies done on this subject. The findings suggested that most people, in order to feel comfortable, felt they needed to increase their income by 20%. It didn’t matter where they ranked on the income scale.

I'll never forget when My neighbor finally passed his Troopers exam and after 4 years of Law school he was hired as a GSP District desk officer .
    He said he couldnt' wait until he made " the real Money "
    He quit after 6 months after finding out that the " real money" was $86k a year.
    Now he is a Lawyer making 5 times that..

18. Member
    Never worked,never paid taxes. Live in public housing get state assistance. Free medical,free cell phone. Clothes from churches, food from food banks. Life is good we are comfortable

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789