replacement micro guides for a Duckett Micro Magic??

Greetings - can anyone tell me of a suitable replacement for the guides and tip used on the older Duckett Micro Magic spinning rods? I have a couple guides that need to be replaced on a DFMM70MLS rod.

source, brand and sizes please

thanks. Greg
    ...Greg

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gkropat View Post
    Greetings - can anyone tell me of a suitable replacement for the guides and tip used on the older Duckett Micro Magic spinning rods? I have a couple guides that need to be replaced on a DFMM70MLS rod.

source, brand and sizes please

thanks. Greg
    If they're just runners I've got a million of them that I've pulled off of broken Ducketts, PM me your address and I'll send you some. For a tip a Kigan Micro (4mm ring with whatever your tube size is) will work, you can get them from Hydra.

thanks I'll take you up on the offer for a couple of runners. PM sent
    ...Greg

Hi Mike. I got the runners yesterday. Thanks a lot. I was only expecting a couple.
    got to love the bbc community!

greg
    ...Greg

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gkropat View Post
    Hi Mike. I got the runners yesterday. Thanks a lot. I was only expecting a couple.
    got to love the bbc community!

greg
    No problem, I've got probably another hundred of them.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by willwork4fish View Post
    No problem, I've got probably another hundred of them.

Makes me wonder how many of the Duckett rods break. LOL. (I have heard quite a bit, but don't know first hand.)

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JJohnSind View Post
    Makes me wonder how many of the Duckett rods break. LOL. (I have heard quite a bit, but don't know first hand.)
    A lot, at least around me. I'd pay $10 each for them and strip them for the parts or a lot of guys would just give them to me, mostly those Micro Magics. Anyway, I can see why people liked them, or at least liked the blanks...they have some nice actions and tapers. The guides would always pop out, were rarely straight and seemed to have problems with the reel seats coming loose. I've stripped and re-guided them for a couple of buddies and they came out really nice. Stripping them is a pain. I don't know what finish they use but is sucks to get off and the paint almost always comes off with it. The reel seats on the other hand...pretty easy to get off.