ranger reata transducer location

installing a new garmin at console and mounting a transducer at the stern, best location for transducer? want to get it right first time. post some pictures all you reata owners thanks mounting on stern saver pad

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Malkin View Post
    installing a new garmin at console and mounting a transducer at the stern, best location for transducer? want to get it right first time. post some pictures all you reata owners thanks mounting on stern saver pad
    Need more info:
    2D or SideScann transducer?
    Do you want it to read on plane, or just while scanning...

My Reata has two 2D transducers: one is epoxied in the hull and shoots through it, reads depth on plane, and graphs to 25MPH, the second is mounted about 6" below the water line at the stern, on starboard side.
    My Sidescanning transducer is mounted on starboard side, next to the 2d.

Both of these are about 3-4" higher than the stern setback. This is approximately where Ranger mounts the sidescanning transducer at the factory.

Suggest going to a ranger dealer and looking where the in stock boats have them mounted...my Ranger Dealer mounted mine.
    You may get some turbulence if you mount them on the stern extension...not sure...my images are high quality with this mounting location.
    Can't send you a pic, because boat still in storage.

https://frankiesboats.com/?product=n...v=a4e19ce04d72
    ^^^ There is an in stock boat w/ a structure scanning ducer hanging on the back, have a look at the pics
    2016 Ranger 1850 LS Reata / Merc 150 4s / SmartCraft / Lowrance HDS Carbon SS3D