Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Best braided lines

Looking to rig up a couple of spinning reels with 15lb braid (approx) to 8-10lb flouro leaders. Mostly bottom contact baits with possibly some 2.8/3.3 Keitechs on jig heads. What are some of the better braids on the market for cast ability , low stretch, etc. Would prefer a high-vis type color since I am using the flouro leader.

2. Member
    I like Power Pro Super Slick V2

3. Member
    832 or sunline sx1
    2022 Skeeter FXR20 Limited

4. Member
    Regular power pro.

5. Member
    YGK SS112 14-16lb sinking braid for a JDM line that sinks a bit faster and is excellent for light plastics ans weightless presentations.

Phenix Rods Hydra 8x is a sleeper quality braid, I use the 10lb on my 6'10" BLX ML Limber Graphite spinning.

If you want super thin diameter versus test rating and exceptional casting, YGK X8 Upgrade in 22 lb test is as thin as some USDM 6-8lb braid.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bassfisher444 View Post
    Regular power pro.
    This

7. Member
    Regular power pro.

Ive used power pro super slick, 832, grand slam, spider wire, fireline, gliss, berkley X5, seaguar, and vicious in the past. I keep going back to power pro.
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

8. Member
    Regular power pro.
    Yup, tried a few others and always came back. Been using it with success for years.

I believe you would like FINS Spin 5. It's 5 end braid so it's round and casts great. I've tried about everything and I think this is the best. Besides, it's a good American company located here in Erlanger, Kentucky! No, I don't work for them. finsfishing.com

10. Member
    Seaguar, Smackdown Flash Grn, 15# for DS.

11. Member
    P line tcb 8. Crazy underrated line

I quit messing around with different braids after trying a bunch and basically reaching the conclusion that there are very few differences, at least once you compare apples to apples. By that, I mean compare same diameter to same diameter (NOT lb test rating), and same number of strands to number of strands. Yes, there are minor differences like Sufix having the Gore fibers that make it sink. But in the grand scheme, I never found many differences. Manufacturing processes are to the point now that they're all good.

Admittedly, after reaching that conclusion, I stopped trying the latest and greatest. It's been 2 or 3 years since I really tried anything new (aside from grabbing a spool of X9 on sale and finding they lied about the diameter). Maybe there is more nuance that has shown up in the last couple years?

I've actually been using some stuff I found on AliExpress for the last several years. It's been awesome, and I think it cost me like $8 for 600 yard spools of 8 strand.

I do have some J-Braid Grand on several rods that I grabbed when Gander was going out of business (or maybe when Camping World was clearancing out the fishing stuff in the Gander rebrand). It's good stuff, but I don't think it's noticeably better or even different than any quality 8 strand out there. And quality doesn't mean it costs a lot, as evidenced by my AliExpress stuff.
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"
    Console: HDS 16 Carbon
    Bow: HDS 12 Carbon, Solix 12 G2, Mega 360, Garmin 106 SV, LVS 34

13. Member
    I agree with DrewFlu on this one.

After a few days fishing, they all seem pretty much the same. I stick with PP, 832, SpiderWire, BPS, X5, X9, whatever is on sale. The last few spools I have bought have been Yozuri. Pretty impressed. The yellow is easy for me to see and it seems to hold its color well.

14. Member
    Daiwa J Braid Grand, not the other two models, is my preferred braid in higher # test (15lb, 20lb & 30lb) and Power Pro in the lower # test (10lb, 8lb & 6lb test).

15. Member
    I am surprised that more of you don’t use “sinking” braid?

Sufix 832 Camo or Power Pro in that order.
    BassCat Sabre FTD
    Mercury 150 Optimax
    "It's just fishing"

17. Member
    Regular power pro.
    my vote too

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by z520brewer View Post
    I am surprised that more of you don’t use “sinking” braid?
    YGK SS112 is a slow sinking braid, and has an esther core...it actually has a tiny bit of stretch, holds form/body exceptionally well, and casts great, while being tough and durable on rocks.

Not all braids are the same IMO, even with like diameters. Now, "most all like diameter braids" might be similar, but there are a few that are definitely much different than others on the market.

19. Member
    Not all braids are the same IMO, even with like diameters. Now, "most all like diameter braids" might be similar, but there are a few that are definitely much different than others on the market.

Sorry, too good to pass up.

Yep, they cost more.

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MCIPinkie View Post

Sorry, too good to pass up.

Yep, they cost more.
    Yeppers...the ones I listed are still much less than Sufix 131. I bought all four spools of the SS112 and one spool of 40lb YGK X8 Upgrade here on BBC, all for much less than retail value, so there's that for me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast