Software update question

Can you reverse a software update from an iPhone?

2. Member
    duck duck go found several videos. You need to know which iphone you have, what iOS it is running, and what you want to go back to.

3. Member
    It can be done, but the phone may lose some of it's data.
    Not a risk I would take.

4. Member
    At some point Apple is going to force upgrade you back anyway.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rude150 View Post
    Can you reverse a software update from an iPhone?
    Why would you want to?

Quote Originally Posted by mrdeath View Post
    Why would you want to?
    He apparently doesn't like how it functions now. Probably removed features he liked or used often. I never update my cell or my Garmin. Units, ever!

7. Member
    All of the phone software updates include critical security updates. They are not prominently mentioned in the update description. It is a mistake to not update a phone immediately when an update is published.

8. Member
    Yes you can downgrade as long as apple is still signing the update. They usually stop signing within days of the update coming out

https://www.stellarinfo.com/article/...ngrade-ios.php

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by skeeterator View Post
    He apparently doesn't like how it functions now. Probably removed features he liked or used often. I never update my cell or my Garmin. Units, ever!
    My Garmin didn't have the "Garmin Tree" until I did the first update and now I can't get rid of it.
    Hi Mike.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rider99XX View Post
    My Garmin didn't have the "Garmin Tree" until I did the first update and now I can't get rid of it.
    There's a thread in the Garmin forum that may help you revert back to whatever version you preferred. I don't update my units any more either, since I liked what I had at first and it just doesn't seem as clear as it was to begin with a couple years ago. I just have no clue what version it was running when I got it or I would go back to it.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Toni View Post
    There's a thread in the Garmin forum that may help you revert back to whatever version you preferred. I don't update my units any more either, since I liked what I had at first and it just doesn't seem as clear as it was to begin with a couple years ago. I just have no clue what version it was running when I got it or I would go back to it.
    Thanks for the tip I'll Check it out. I'd like to go back to what ever ever version it was when it came out of the box. There was not "tree" just a LOT better image than what I have now. From what I tell most of the updates were to the mapping. I don't give a darn about the mapping as I never use it on that unit.
    Hi Mike.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mrdeath View Post
    Why would you want to?
    Older phone and it kills his battery.

My wifes Iphone doesn't make 6hrs after the new update.

Quote Originally Posted by Rider99XX View Post
    I rest my case lol. I guy posted this morning on a Garmin forum that he just updated his units and now has the ghost tree as well and he never had it before.