Thread: trika rods

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by lakefolk View Post
    never heard of em..........
    Evidently you don't go to FB
    2018 G3 Sportsman 17 90 SHO

2. Member
    My favorite rod is my next rod. I love new gear and tackle. I bought one after seeing a review somewhere or a post on here a year ago. Not a bad rod but nothing special also. I have 12 spinning rod set ups and its not in my boat most of the time. Only makes it in when I am going to a clear water deeper lake and I take almost all my spinning rods. Its a back up rod that hardly gets used. The rod blank seems average to me, its best attributes to me are the comfortable reel seat area with no metal or tightening ring. Also the grip is awesome in the rain, it never feels slippery as the carbon fiber is semi exposed and has a ton of texture.
    2020 Ranger 521L, Merc 250 Pro XS

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by skeeterator View Post
    Put a 7 foot "high end rod" on one end of a balance beam and a 7 foot lightning rod on the other sometime. I dare ya lol. Lots of bs claims from the expensive rod companies with claims of lighter and more sensitive, no reason someone else can't make the same claims.
    I only have one 7ft med casting Lightning rod that I haven’t used in 20 years, but it weighed well over 5 oz. An NRX+ 7’1” med hvy casting weighs 3.8 oz. Every 7’ med hvy rod I've built (using high end components & blanks) have fallen between 3.5oz. and 4oz., so I don't get too exited with rods over 4oz. I saw on the Tackletour forum where someone posted the weight of a Trika rod at 4.5oz. (I dont remember the specs), but he said that it weighed more than what they claimed (another red flag on the company). Anyway, you can weigh your own rods on a quality digital hand scales pretty easily and convert to ounces if you're curious on your own rods for comparison.

4. Member
    Handled one at a show. Nice well finished rod but I’d put it at the $250 price point. Do not enjoy the marketing hype around it filled with buzzwords and claims.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JJohnSind;[URL="tel:13411805"
    13411805[/URL]]I only have one 7ft med casting Lightning rod that I haven’t used in 20 years, but it weighed well over 5 oz. An NRX+ 7’1” med hvy casting weighs 3.8 oz. Every 7’ med hvy rod I've built (using high end components & blanks) have fallen between 3.5oz. and 4oz., so I don't get too exited with rods over 4oz. I saw on the Tackletour forum where someone posted the weight of a Trika rod at 4.5oz. (I dont remember the specs), but he said that it weighed more than what they claimed (another red flag on the company). Anyway, you can weigh your own rods on a quality digital hand scales pretty easily and convert to ounces if you're curious on your own rods for comparison.
    I know what you mean. Not earth shattering but my $40 Lews Hank Parker 7’ MH rods weigh 4.3oz. I know the 7’3” MH SC Victory is around 3.7. The one Trika I held felt nice, and well balanced but I too don’t like all the advertising hype. Gives me E21 carrot stick vibes.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by r83srock View Post
    I know what you mean. Not earth shattering but my $40 Lews Hank Parker 7’ MH rods weigh 4.3oz. I know the 7’3” MH SC Victory is around 3.7. The one Trika I held felt nice, and well balanced but I too don’t like all the advertising hype. Gives me E21 carrot stick vibes.
    Lew's HP is the best $40 rod anywhere.

7. Member
    I have 6 of the casting rods and a couple spinning rods. I love them and the return policy is great. If you don't like it, send it back for a full refund

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123