Thread: Cheatham lake

Cheatham lake

Going to Cheatham Lake on Cumberland river for tournament in June. Can’t find any info. Anyone fish it? Just need some general info. What to expect in weights etc

2. Member
    I hope you are kidding. coming from Florence to fish Cheatham doesn't make sense. It's basically a stretch of river with a few creeks sprinkled in. Fish the rip rap going toward the dam.
    GETFISHED !!!

3. Member
    Yea unfortunately I am. Lol. Not sure why they chose there to have a championship? Money I guess. What kind of weights to expect? Thanks

4. Member
    Search for Stikfishing on YouTube he has a bunch of videos fishing the Cumberland river. I've seen some pics of some good keeper size smallies but I've only caught them here and there.

5. Member
    Fished a 2 day club championship there some years back in late fall. Finished a close second, mostly fishing area below the dam. We did catch a decent fish each day at a waste discharge a short distance down the river from the dam each day. Nobody caught a limit both days. The creek mouths down the river produced some bites in practice, but its pretty barren down it with long runs between creek mouths that would hold any fish. I was surprised I ended up being able to fish the dam area without a crowd, It was only us and the team that won it there both days, with a few stragglers popping in and out. Caught our fish on topwater & shakey heads. I'd sure hate to fish it in something that had a bunch of boats unless you were able to lock into Old Hickory, and if that was the case that's where I would be and it ain't no treat.

6. Member
    Thanks. Are you talking about below old hickory dam? That’s a haul from Ashland city I think.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rayhaycal View Post
    Thanks. Are you talking about below old hickory dam? That’s a haul from Ashland city I think.
    Yes that is quite a run to the dam at Old Hickory. All the way through Nashville.
    GETFISHED !!!

Hope you have current and you can fish current breaks. Laydowns and underwater boulders along with creek mouths are always prime areas. Good luck.
    "If People Concentrated on the Really Important Things in Life, There'd be a Shortage of Fishing Poles." - Doug Larson
    "Peace is not the absence of turmoil but the presence of God" Jo-Ann Thomack