FXR 20 holeshot help

I have a new to me 2021 FXR 20. It currently has a 26p Bravo 1 FS on it. I am running 4 agm batteries with a normal tournament load. The holeshot is ok, but seems like it has alot of bow rise. I am coming out of a Ranger Z519 that had a really flat, fast holeshot. It breaks over at about 3700 rpms, probably 5 to 6 seconds. Are there any other props that might have less bow rise? I have read different reviews on Turbo FXP that it has less bow rise. The Bravo 1 FS is a little dinged up, but not horrible. I have read alot people having good performance with the Bravo 1 FS, am I missing anything?

2. Member
    Where do you have your jackplate set? This prop likes to be ran high. I run a 26p bravo 1XS(same prop but with extra holes) set at 9 dots and it shoots out the hole. I have lithium’s now but even with agm’s, it was much better than the stock T2.
    2022 Skeeter FXR20 Limited

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TxBassfisher View Post
    Where do you have your jackplate set? This prop likes to be ran high. I run a 26p bravo 1XS(same prop but with extra holes) set at 9 dots and it shoots out the hole. I have lithium’s now but even with agm’s, it was much better than the stock T2.
    I have an Atlas jackplate, I tried it at every height up to the point it wanted to blowout.

4. Derek McCullough
    Why a bravo over the T2 25 it came with? I am on my 2nd FXR20 and ran a worked stock prop on both and the boat comes out of the hole pretty quick

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by derek81 View Post
    Why a bravo over the T2 25 it came with? I am on my 2nd FXR20 and ran a worked stock prop on both and the boat comes out of the hole pretty quick
    The Bravo is what was on it when I bought it

6. Member
    the vent holes plugged ???

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by buddym View Post
    the vent holes plugged ???
    yes

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Toby View Post
    I have an Atlas jackplate, I tried it at every height up to the point it wanted to blowout.
    The correct way to use a hydraulic jackplate to assist hole shot is to raise it all the way UP when starting, then lower it immediately to your preset running height as soon as it breaks over on plane. Having it high when you start allows the prop to cavitate and gain rpms before it bites (kind of like doing a burn out in a car).

Quote Originally Posted by derek81 View Post
    The 26 Bravo outperformed my T2 in every aspect other than maybe a 1 mph loss
    2022 Skeeter ZXR20
    Yamaha 250 SHO