Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Question WISCONSIN CONSERVATION CONGRESS

Natural Resources (DNR) will once again offer their annual opportunity for the public to provide input on a variety of natural resource-related questions with an in-person opportunity April 8, 2024, at 6 p.m. in each county or online starting at noon April 10 to noon on April 13, 2024.

This is one of the questions the public can vote on.

22. Ban live scopes and 360° imaging locations in Wisconsin waters (280123)
    With the ability of these types of units to detect fish, as far as 180’ from the user, anglers have become more
    efficient at locating and catching fish. This type of pressure could reduce fish populations, which may lead to
    reduced bag limits for anglers.
    22. Would you support banning the use of live scopes, and similar 360° imaging electronics in all Wisconsin
    waters
    Always Think Like A Fish.....No Matter How Weird it Is!!

2. Member
    Dang I woul surely would have thought minneosta would have been first to try something like this.

Back when I published a couple of articles in the American Fisheries Society Journals and attended the annual American Fisheries Society meetings, Hobson Bryan and I had a long discussion about tournaments with several folks in the hotel bar one evening. The head of Wisconsin's DNR at that time (the late 1990's, I don't recall his name) was about the most anti bass tournament person there. The head of Ohio's DNR was no prince, but at least he wasn't openly hostile to bass tournaments.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

4. Member
    If professionals who's careers depend on catching fish use FFS then that's what I'm using. Might be too simple of a philosophy but makes sense to me.

And so it begins....

Not surprised at all. Lots of innovations over the years are not allowed in the outdoors.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Roosterman View Post
    Not surprised at all. Lots of innovations over the years are not allowed in the outdoors.
    Really? Is there a list?
    If professionals who's careers depend on catching fish use FFS then that's what I'm using. Might be too simple of a philosophy but makes sense to me.

Quote Originally Posted by LateralLine View Post
    Really? Is there a list?
    Cell game cameras I think are illegal in some states during hunting season.

Wisconsin fishery management does a pretty good job asking for feedback in determining regulations.

The reason why we have culling in tournaments and c&r season for bass before opener is because of this public input.

There is a process to turn suggestions like this into law. However, not all publicly voted on proposals end up in regulations.

It is okay if you don't support a proposal. In this particular case, I don't and I will not support the banning of livescope or 360 imaging equipment.

Quote Originally Posted by LateralLine View Post
    Really? Is there a list?
    I don’t know about a list but cell cameras in certain states are illegal during hunting season. Certain duck decoys. Drones to find game with intentions to harvest that game. Gun suppressors I believe are illegal in a few states. This is just a few of many.

11. Member
    At least they are asking for public input. And not banning it out right.

12. Member
    Just what this country needs more regulations

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lineside View Post
    Just what this country needs more regulations
    We should put a regulation on them!

Good luck voters!!
    2016 Tuffy X-190
    Yamaha F175, Mercury 9.9
    Motorguide 80 lb Xi5
    Garmim/Humminbird graphs and Talon

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 218_fishing View Post
    Dang I woul surely would have thought minneosta would have been first to try something like this.

Land of 10,000 lakes…Think tourism $$$$$. The DNR and congressional representatives for tourism have butted heads more then once over statewide walleye limits.

16. Member
    Not a resident... but frequently fish wisconsin and michigan waters... will be watching
    2022 Phoenix 919 Pro Xp
    2022 Mercury 225 ProXs 3B171157

17. Member
    I wonder how they would enforce a ban? Inspect everyone's boat, do they even know the difference between FFS and side scan.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JTN View Post
    Land of 10,000 lakes…Think tourism $$$$$. The DNR and congressional representatives for tourism have butted heads more then once over statewide walleye limits.

No think of the walleyes and how great they are. Crap are DNR got there head so far up there butts.

19. Member
    Definitely a no vote for me. If it effects the fishing as much as they are thinking then reduce the bag limits. I can't tell you how many guys I've know that throw out fish from their freezers that are years old. They keep them just because they can. I'd like to see it be a 10 daily limit and 20 possession limit for panfish. If they need to take more fish out of a certain body of water then adjust those lakes.
    2019 Skeeter ZX250

Check out my YouTube!! Thanks! https://www.youtube.com/user/WIHunter100/videos

20. Member
    Good, there needs to be a conversation here. Either ban livescope or look into smaller bag limits. This isn’t even much about bass fishing. Livescope makes panfishing so easy that it could deplete populations

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast