Fury Prop on a TR196/200 Opti setup?

Just curious if anyone has tried a Mercury Fury prop on a TR196 with 200 Optimax setup? And if so, what pitch?

I'm currently running a 26 pitch Tempest, and the boat performs fairly well, but I am wondering if the new Fury's would give improved performance over the Tempest regarding hole shot, top end and handling performance. Appreciate any input.
    thanks
    Triton TR196DC / 200 Mercury Optimax- serial# 0T995641
    Dual HB 12" SI Helix Units
    HB Mega 360
    Garmin 1222 / LVS34 LiveScope
    Dual 12' Minn Kota Talons
    MotorGuide Tour TM
    Bob's Hydraulic Jackplate

Toyota Tundra SR5

2. Member
    I run 25P Fury 4 & 26P Tempest Plus on same boat & motor combo w/ an 8” BMS hydraulic plate & poles.

My performance is just about identical (tempest ran .4 mph faster on same day of prop testing w/ 2 guys & tourney load). I run the Fury 4 in warmer months & Tempest in colder months. I need less trim with the Fury. I actually run the Fury about 1/4” higher……even though that goes against most BBC advice…..but it works for me.

SSNChief has same boat & runs a 25P Fury 3. I tested that prop too but I was running gen1 talons then & the Fury 4 was better w/ those heavy things on the transom.
    Lightning 6
    2007 TR-196DC

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning 6 View Post
    I run 25P Fury 4 & 26P Tempest Plus on same boat & motor combo w/ an 8” BMS hydraulic plate & poles.

My performance is just about identical (tempest ran .4 mph faster on same day of prop testing w/ 2 guys & tourney load). I run the Fury 4 in warmer months & Tempest in colder months. I need less trim with the Fury. I actually run the Fury about 1/4” higher……even though that goes against most BBC advice…..but it works for me.

SSNChief has same boat & runs a 25P Fury 3. I tested that prop too but I was running gen1 talons then & the Fury 4 was better w/ those heavy things on the transom.
    Thanks Lightning 6. That is great feedback/info. I have two 12 foot talons on the rear as well and you are right, they are heavy. Your setup is very similar to mine which is why your feedback is perfect. Gives me confidence on going out on a limb and possibly buying an expensive prop to try. I currently have a four blade Trophy 26P and a Tempest Plus 26P. The Tempest gives me better overall performance than the Trophy from a handling and top end speed perspective, but I'd like to get a little better hole shot as well without sacrificing handling performance and top end which is why I was inquiring about the Fury props.

How does your hole shot compare between the 25P Fury 4 and the 26P Tempest Plus?

Thanks again for your help.
    Triton TR196DC / 200 Mercury Optimax- serial# 0T995641
    Dual HB 12" SI Helix Units
    HB Mega 360
    Garmin 1222 / LVS34 LiveScope
    Dual 12' Minn Kota Talons
    MotorGuide Tour TM
    Bob's Hydraulic Jackplate

Toyota Tundra SR5

4. Member
    One other item to note. My talons killed my holeshot until I installed a cb marine foil. It was a game changer. Gave me my performance back….but holeshot needed a little help in summer w/ 2 guys. I love the look & would buy one again.,….it was the best holeshot improver…..and cost about $150 (brushed Ss with triton cutouts & color matching backing plates.

I got the Fury 4 after the foil. Fury 4 improved my holeshot (compared to 26 tempest plus)…but I did not feel it necessary when solo in summer….but it does certainly help some w/ 2 guys.. Boat runs flatter with the fury…..as I run it (normally 2.25” on my jp gauge and 2.0” for the tempest). I do not adjust jackplate deeper for holeshot….I fish very shallow tidal river & creeks…..if I did I imagine the fury would help even more. Boat definitely has less useable trim w/ the fury (again, as I run it)……but does not seem to need it……I have plenty of water pressure and can run plenty fast for me (68.4 mph w/ throttle left to go….but I ran out of river). Tempest ran 68.8 at nearly identical rpm.

My local prop shop let me test multiple props (4 at once that I took on vacation). Best of that bunch was a NIB 24P fury 3…..but my buddy’s 25P fury 3 was better.

Overall, I love the fury 4. I got it NIB from BCB for an incredible price …… sealed box w/ hub…..and it was a steal! It blew the 25P trophy plus away….in every single way.

With all the guys repowering to 4S….if it were me I would look to find a CB Foil first…..before spending $700+ on the fury.

Hope that helps….send me a PM w/ your cell ….if you want to talk about it rather than post.

OBTW-I will never sell my TR196…..looks like new….and performs/ fishes perfectly….and only gelcoat crack is from a tungsten sinker.
    Lightning 6
    2007 TR-196DC