Who works from.....

Who works from their phone or a tablet? Say 80% of work done on a device as such. Phone and tablets have become very powerful tools. What field of work? I'm sure sales would fall into that category.

2. Member
    I still do the vast majority of my work on a laptop connected to multiple screens. Mostly Excel and PowerPoint. My work mobile phone is mostly as a backup for email and instant messages / texts when I have to travel for work.

3. Member
    You must really have nothing else to do

I clock in and out through my phone, time off and vacation is scheduled through the phone. I do pest control and all my paperwork is done through the phone, I can email my customers paperwork or print it off on a printer I have in my service truck.

Quote Originally Posted by 11pounder View Post
    I clock in and out through my phone, time off and vacation is scheduled through the phone. I do pest control and all my paperwork is done through the phone, I can email my customers paperwork or print it off on a printer I have in my service truck.

That's pretty much my scenario theses days except for the printer. All of my job narratives have to be typed on the phone as well along with pictures of failures for warranty jobs. We used to have to hand write our narratives in the old days.
    Ranting incoherently

I work from home but still have to travel, too. Territory spans from Denver to Little Rock. I do most of my work on mainly phone and surface. When not traveling, I still have PC linked to the farm. I'm in the produce industry. Work for a mushroom farm in Miami, OK. We grow and distribute approx 30million pounds of fresh, commercially grown mushrooms annually. Sell to both retail and foodservice wholesalers.
    Dallas Cowboys…..Eventual Super Bowl Champions

7. Member
    I'm a retired community college educator. I teach online classes when needed. I start one the 12th of this month. Will be using my laptop, T Mobil hotspot, and my phone when in the car. Currently in Texas in the motorcoach.

8. Member
    I do a lot of work on my phone. I also have to have it on me 24/7 unless I leave the country.

9. Member
    I use too many spreadsheets and programs at once to do it all on my phone. Its mostly for emails and Teams messages/meeting.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Moose720 View Post
    Who works from their phone or a tablet? Say 80% of work done on a device as such. Phone and tablets have become very powerful tools. What field of work? I'm sure sales would fall into that category.
    Never. I go into work every day. My work and home life is separate and will remain that way. Nothing that I do can be practically done with those types of small devices.

11. fish8503@yahoo.com GOTTA BIG SACK's Avatar
    I now do about 90% on phone/tablet and about 10% on computer. Its to the point I don not take my laptop out of the office anymore..
    2021 Skeeter ZX150
    2020 Sea Doo GTI se 170

12. Moderator
    Unfortunately tethered to the cell phone at all times. I am in sales so if my phone isn't ringing, I'm not making money. I get 50-100 calls a day and then all the emails and texts as well. I hate it but a necessary evil in todays world.

13. Member
    I would estimate that 85% of my work is via handheld phone or tablet. When I started out, I would have NEVER called someone on their cellphone unless they had given me permission to do so. Texting wasn't even a thing. Now, texting is the go-to exchange once a relationship has been established, and the cell-phone is the first choice in contacting a prospect directly. No more faxes or wet contracts - all digital and docusign now. The downside is that I truly never have the opportunity to unplug and step away to catch my breath.

I'm a commercial real estate broker, by the way.

-b-

14. Member
    I'm not, wouldn't fit in for my work, but the vendor that is our ISO 9001 certification body sent us a new auditor last week, and he was using some model of iPad for making notes while watching all of our processes and talking to employees. He said the software does a great job of transcribing al of his handwritten note from it to his Macbook for the software the company uses for the audit report. Looked pretty nice.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mybigfish812 View Post
    I still do the vast majority of my work on a laptop connected to multiple screens. Mostly Excel and PowerPoint. My work mobile phone is mostly as a backup for email and instant messages / texts when I have to travel for work.
    Same here!

Before I retired I was in sales. Used the iPhone for everything from calls and e-mail to taking pictures of problems and deliveries. I communicated with most of my customers, homebuilders and interior designers, with text messages. Phone seldom rings these days.
    Don't worry Ma'am....
    I'm only here for the
    Bass.

17. Member
    AutoCAD on a tablet or phone is no bueno for me. I do have an CAD app that I attempted to use, but nothing beats my multiple screens and my trackball.
    Just be kind to one another. It really is that simple.

https://www.instagram.com/the_lenny_draper/

For my work, every manual, procedure, policy, and regulations are all on an Ipad.

19. Member
    Work as a Defense Contractor so everything is on a Government Issued laptop using a VPN. I have been working remotely since Covid hit and even if I wanted to go into "The Office" there isn't a workspace for me.

Allen