Rearming kit expiration date question

If my arming kit on my inflatable life jacket says it expires in 2024 is that at the beginning or end of year?

2. Member
    If it says exactly that.....I take that to mean it was good through last day of 2023. Not good first day of 2024.

3. Member
    Better look at mine.................

4. Member
    Expires last day of 2024, according to someone I spoke with at Mustang when asking about their modules and dates.

Not sure which manuf. you have

5. Member
    I would take that as end of 2024

6. Member
    The main question is how does the USCG or local DNR ranger interpret it on inspection.

Speaking of...I need to re-arm all of mine. WOOOO! I test them out by jumping into my pool with them on. AHAHAHAH
    Been fishin' since I was 5 years old...Thanks Grandpa!

8. Expert at Retired RangrSkipr's Avatar
    Thanks for the reminder

9. Member
    Flashed mine at game warden 2 times in a couple months and was never asked to see the rearm date ,if you just forget to arm it ,it will never expire
    Went to get a rearm kit and someone had stole the little yellow thing out of everyone of them I brought all of them to customer service showed them I couldn't believe they so many fisherman shop lifters

check your flare's expiration date while you are at it, (and batteries in home smoke/Co2 detectors too)
    2023 BassCat Sabre FTD
    2023 175 Pro XS

Would it even matter if you had another legal PFD in the boat? Mine has expired by the date but the indicator shows green. Good enough for me.

Quote Originally Posted by mean_dean View Post
    The main question is how does the USCG or local DNR ranger interpret it on inspection.

12. Member
    They interpret by the manufacturer who made the unit.

The reason I called Mustang direct.

Would it even matter if you had another legal PFD in the boat? Mine has expired by the date but the indicator shows green.
    I always have a regular vest for each passenger in the boat in addition to the Mustang HIT models, just incase I messed up.

If you only had an expired auto vest on board, the Lake Michigan USCG would give you a very expensive thank you note.

If it was a IL state DNR, they may give a warning.

If not, the state thank you notes start at $194

13. dartag1829
    Good question. Just looked at my Onyx A/M 24 and don't see any date. It does have a re-arm kit as it went off in the locker a couple years ago. The Green pill still looks new. Any idea where the date is located. ???

14. Member
    Does your vest look like this?

If it is a bobbin type, you can't see the date on the bobbin unless you open it up.

Disassembly won't trigger the vest so a little effort will get you to the bobbin and date.

Good Luck