Toho or Headwaters in October w/guide?

Going to Disney world with the family in October, and I'm thinking about taking a break from Mickey for one day. I will have a rental car so I could pretty much go anywhere.

- Which lake would be better for the second week of October Toho or Headwaters?

- Looking for fishing guide recommendations for both lakes too?

Thanks for any info,

Mike
    Dawnpatrol.
    Goin Fishing be home for Hunting Season !!!!!!!!!

2. Member
    Chuck Pippen for Toho….he’ll pick you up if you prefer….or meet you at the ramp.

October is prime hurricane season…..Orlando gets spared by most but a strong one can really slow down the fishing.
    Lightning 6
    2007 TR-196DC

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning 6 View Post
    Chuck Pippen for Toho….he’ll pick you up if you prefer….or meet you at the ramp.

October is prime hurricane season…..Orlando gets spared by most but a strong one can really slow down the fishing.

I contacted Chuck. He said that time of the year isn't the best. Thanks for the info
    Dawnpatrol.

4. Member
    We do very well fishing down here in Winter Haven in October, and despite the above mentioned rumors of being "prime hurricane season" we are open for biz. You can find me at 855-FL-GUIDE (855-354-8433) of TMCGuideService.com

Quote Originally Posted by Capt Scott View Post
    We do very well fishing down here in Winter Haven in October, and despite the above mentioned rumors of being "prime hurricane season" we are open for biz. You can find me at 855-FL-GUIDE (855-354-8433) of TMCGuideService.com
    Capt Scott, I'll give you call later today or this weekend.
    Dawnpatrol.

6. Member
    Not trying to hurt your business, but I was not spreading rumors. Historical hurricane data is factual.

Lightning 6
    2007 TR-196DC

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawnpatrol View Post
    Going to Disney world with the family in October, and I'm thinking about taking a break from Mickey for one day. I will have a rental car so I could pretty much go anywhere.

Thanks for any info,

Mike
    Consider staying right at the Magic Kingdom, and get a charter at the resort. Fishing | Walt Disney World Resort (go.com)

The fishing is typically unparalleled. I've been a Disney contractor for 30 years, and never ever go without a rod handy.

Tackle Warehouse currently has a John Cox video at Bay Lake that gives an idea of what to expect.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnM64 View Post
    Consider staying right at the Magic Kingdom, and get a charter at the resort. Fishing | Walt Disney World Resort (go.com)

The fishing is typically unparalleled. I've been a Disney contractor for 30 years, and never ever go without a rod handy.

Tackle Warehouse currently has a John Cox video at Bay Lake that gives an idea of what to expect.

We are staying at the Magic Kingdom area at the Swan resort, but I want to get a little further away from all of the attractions and have some peace and quiet to myself.

Thanks for the info.
    Dawnpatrol.

9. Member
    For that time I would look hard at doing the Disney guided bass trip(yes they have those) or somewhere else that doesn't get much pressure.

Sorry, but you're not going to get peace and quiet anywhere in Central Florida that time of year. Those days are over for this state
    Last edited by Poppin' Frog; 03-15-2024 at 08:27 AM.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawnpatrol View Post

Thanks for any info,

Mike
    I fished Disney a couple of years ago with my wife & caught a bunch of fish on artificals while she fished live bait and caughtplenty of fish. She really enjoyed it. I fished Headwaters and Toho also, Headwaters fished better than Toho.
    2021 Ranger RT188
    115 Mercury Pro XS
    80# Ultrex
    Garmin Live Scope
    Custom Coinbox