Won't be long now

Here's Clement this weekend, from the ramp. I believe the camp end keeps it's ice longer.

Merrimack River is running considerably higher than last week. 393 backwater is still iced-in as of Monday.
    zzzzazcold.png

Had 6"-7" on Todd Sunday. Gonna need a plank from here on out

Nashua River appears to be warming up a bit (no temp station north of Clinton?),

zzzzazcold.png

and apparently not too high
    zzzzazcold.png

1990 Ranger 362V Yamaha Pro-V 150
    Old Town Predator MinnKota

2. Member
    Fished sunday for an hour or so in the yak till wind picked up and I started doing circles. No bass but the perch were shallow and hungry.

Some of our higher elevation lakes in mass still have ice but smaller ponds are pretty much open .. the ones that are open are high and muddy .. put my bass raider in a little pond that was just about ice free and caught 1 keeper after checking to see if the motor and battery were still in good shape

4. Member
    Good on you guys for getting out. Not seeing any traffic on the New England board - probably 'cause Twitch is recuperating?

5. Member

Well im.on the board for 2024. Used a little vaca time today since it was almost 60. Fished for 2 hrs caught 4 bass dropped a few more and a few slime darts. Took a while to find the right colored 110 but when I did it was game on.

That's awesome, glad you caught a few
    " Talking to you is like clapping with one hand "
    Anthrax

7. Member
    Big Island Pond is wide open but not full for boat launch...... Kayaks can get out though. Getting itchy with early ice out and new boat on the way. Hoping that my vacation to Lake Murray will get me through the last few weeks.
    5 Short of a limit

8. Moderator
    Keep wanting to take the boat out but I'm not ready for slow cold fishing quite yet. lol

9. Member
    @ Friday:
    Haunted/Scobie in NB/Francestown is open, still some ice on the north-facing shore. Water's up close to a foot & the launch appears usable.

Pleasant in Francestown has no ice to be seen. Water level is normal, launch is treacherous as usual.

Deering R is 85% open. Dam boards are out still, so trailering is out of the question, but a kayak/cartop can make it out.

10. Member

Had an hour after work today so obviously I went fishing. Caught 3. Fish were super shallow thanks to the 4" rise in pond level from the rain. Always have to laugh though as to why a bass will hit something literally almost as big as it. This old boy must have been huuuuuungry.

Had some decent luck Friday after work .. the one decent bass of the day felt colder than any other bass I remember holding ever .. or I’m just getting really wimpy in my old age

Still can’t bring myself to throw a jerkbait very long .. just don’t seem to have the patience anymore .. that and constantly getting pickeral on them

12. Member
    Unwrapped the boat Saturday, checked bearings and tire pressures and loaded her up. Made it to Gregg from 3-5:00 and didn't get any love on a spinnerbait, jig or jerkbait. Water temp was 40.

Headed to the river Sunday, it's up a foot and a half I'd say. Main stem 40, 44 in the back. Caught them pretty good (20-24?) - only on a spinnerbait when the sun was out, on the outward ends of flooded brush. Big bite was one about #4.5 that came off while I was puzzling out how I was going to land him. The clouds moved in and the bite dried up hard. Tried jerkbaiting the remnants of last years grass and off drops - had a few takers, but only hooked (and lost) a 1.5#er with it. These were all LM - I wonder what the smallies are doing right now? Moved onto the bank in the main stem?

13. Member
    Went out to Pleasant yesterday and managed 9 bass between two of us, nothing big but nothing tiny either. Jigs, jerkbait, jackhammer and even one smallmouth on a spybait. Water was 45-46 and the lake is down about a foot right now, boards have not been put back in the dam yet. It was hard to find them, most of our fish were in the middle of the lake. Best bite we had was 4 fish around a massive school of baitfish, could see a bass here and there roaming around close to them. Had to put the jerkbait on their friggen nose though for them to bite it. Did plenty of fishing around that area without scoping and never got a single bite, unfortunately we really had to lean on scoping them and getting the bait right on target before we could hook anything. Weather forecast for the next week doesn't look like the water temps will change much either.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Reel Northern Bass View Post
    Went out to Pleasant yesterday and managed 9 bass between two of us, nothing big but nothing tiny either. Jigs, jerkbait, jackhammer and even one smallmouth on a spybait. Water was 45-46 and the lake is down about a foot right now, boards have not been put back in the dam yet. It was hard to find them, most of our fish were in the middle of the lake. Best bite we had was 4 fish around a massive school of baitfish, could see a bass here and there roaming around close to them. Had to put the jerkbait on their friggen nose though for them to bite it. Did plenty of fishing around that area without scoping and never got a single bite, unfortunately we really had to lean on scoping them and getting the bait right on target before we could hook anything. Weather forecast for the next week doesn't look like the water temps will change much either.

Congrats to your electronics.

" Talking to you is like clapping with one hand "
    Anthrax

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Reel Northern Bass View Post
    Went out to Pleasant yesterday .... most of our fish were in the middle of the lake.
    Question for you on offshore structure there...

If you leave the launch and go around the island, there's that grassy flat that I'm sure everyone knows. There is some hard stuff east of the flat, right where it drops into deeper water. You ever do much there? There are some good shore options in that corner, but I have yet to make those rocks work in any season.
    bath.png

1990 Ranger 362V Yamaha Pro-V 150
    Old Town Predator MinnKota