36V Lithium and 12V lead Charging

Bene trying to figure out what the best charger is for my 36V (single battery) lithium and 12V lead starter battery. Seems like there are solutions for 12V/36V with 3 troller batteries, but am not finding much for a single 36V lithium. I may also look to at another 12V or 16V lithium in the future for electronics, may go that direction on the charger now and just leave the 16V charger leads sealed in shrink tube for now instead of buying another charger later.

So what's out there that will fit the 12/36 and/or 12/16/36 configs?
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    2003 Legend 212 Equalizer w/2014 250 Pro XS (SS - 2B111222)

2. Member
    Ionic has a 12/36 combo charger. Impulse Lithium has one as well.

3. Humminbird Moderator SLYDoggie's Avatar
    I use the Impulse Lithium two bank charger with both a 36V and a 12V charging bank. They are a BBC sponsor and provide a 15% discount to BBC members.
    ---> Regards, Steve Yarbrough (AKA: SLYDoggieTN on YouTube)
    • Apex 19/16/13, Mega 360, and Mega Live
    • Minn Kota Ulterra Quest Trolling Motor
    • (2) Cannon Optimum Bluetooth Downriggers
    • Impulse Lithium Batteries... 36V 60AH for Trolling Motor, (2) 12V 120AH for Cranking & Electronics, 12V 60AH for Downriggers

4. BBC SPONSOR
    https://impulselithium.com/product/1...thium-charger/

Use code BBC15 at checkout to get 15% off

5. Member
    I can't get to the Impulse site from my work laptop, but is the 12V channel selsetable between Lithium and Lead/AGM, etc?

6. Member
    Pm sent

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by smav View Post
    I can't get to the Impulse site from my work laptop, but is the 12V channel selsetable between Lithium and Lead/AGM, etc?
    Yes, it is selectable. I have the Impulse 12/36 2 bank charger.
    '99 Cobra 201D
    Merc 250 Pro Xs 4 stroke

Millertech also has a 12/36 volt 2 bank charger.
    2024 Phoenix 21 XE - Mercury 250 PRO XS Serial #3B429919
    2017 Phoenix PHX 21 - Yamaha 250 SHO
    2010 Skeeter 20i - Yamaha 250 SHO
    1988 Procraft 1780 Competitor - Mercury 100

9. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar

10. Member
    Still doing some research on my options, but haven't had a lot of time since I'm working 5x12 and 8 on Saturday's the last few weeks.

Just wanted to throw this out there as a possible option and to potentially save some money. What about a Run and Gun type charger that will do 36V off of the 12V starting battery/alternator? This would also allow me to charge my 12V starting battery off of my current lead battery charger when plugged in and off of the alternator when running.

Anyone have this setup and what are your thoughts?

Thanks!!

Still doing some research on my options, but haven't had a lot of time since I'm working 5x12 and 8 on Saturday's the last few weeks.

Just wanted to throw this out there as a possible option and to potentially save some money. What about a Run and Gun type charger that will do 36V off of the 12V starting battery/alternator? This would also allow me to charge my 12V starting battery off of my current lead battery charger when plugged in and off of the alternator when running.

Thanks!!
    That’s what I’m going to be doing, except my starting battery is lithium. I just ordered a Ionic 125ah 12v starting battery and a single Ionic 36v battery and a stealth charging system.
    2008 Camo Xpress H18 with 2021 Mercury 150 Pro XS 4S Serial # 3B021969

Thanks!!
    Depending on which "run and gun" charger you get it's my understanding it only activates once the starting battery receives a minimum amount of amps. While your engine is running it the alternator may provide 40+ amps which activates the charger and directs the excess to it (likely anything over 15a from the ones I've looked at).

The thing to consider is if you want to charge off the water your current charger may not provide enough amps to activate it and direct power to your 36v system. Powerhouse Lithium has a charger designed for this (35a). This would allow you can plug in once and charge the entire system through both chargers. Most lead/agm chargers are 10-15a.

I'm not an expert. I'm just looking at the options like you are so I'm trying to learn. Here's the link that has the info in the product description. Maybe someone else can provide more info. Definitely a neat system and the tech has come a long way for sure! Run & Gun DC To DC Chargers – K & K Kustomz (kandkkustomz.com)

13. Member
    My current 12V charger has 2 channels and I think (need to check) is 10A per channel. From what I've read, I can connect both channels from the existing charger to my starter battery and then the Run and Gun to the starter battery and the other R&G leads to the 36V troller battery. I still need to research the +/- of connecting the 2 channels to the single starting battery and make sure this won't cause any issues though.

My current 12V charger has 2 channels and I think (need to check) is 10A per channel. From what I've read, I can connect both channels from the existing charger to my starter battery and then the Run and Gun to the starter battery and the other R&G leads to the 36V troller battery. I still need to research the +/- of connecting the 2 channels to the single starting battery and make sure this won't cause any issues though.
    Good point. I read where that will work by stacking the charge leads to get the amps needed.

15. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by DBolton View Post
    Good point. I read where that will work by stacking the charge leads to get the amps needed.
    as long as you put 20 amps min from your charger to your cranker you can run our powerhouse 36 volt run and gun. you can put up to 30 amps to a lead acid/agm or 40 amps to a lithium cranker with no issues . just choose the appropriate run and gun charger from our site based on what cranker you have. whenever the cranker is over 80 percent charged it will send alternator amperage to the 36 charging it while on the water and when you get home just plug in your current charger and cranker as well as your 36 volt lithium will charge.

16. Member
    Can the parameters be adjusted on when current flows to the trolling batteries?