Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
  1. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by DBolton View Post
    Heading to Lake Fork end of this month 23rd-30th. Planned the trip last year. Hopefully we have a good trip. Group of 8 staying in a house on the lake. I know it's not as easy as the Elites made it look last weekend to catch giants but it's nice to know they are in there!
    Good luck!

2. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Drahts View Post
    Been to Fork twice. Crushed it both times. First time we boated over 200 fish over 5# but didn't get a 10# fish but I didn't really care. Caught a 9.14 and 9.11. Released everything. Second time was even better, buddy took a 10.2, I got 2 9.14s that time and I didn't care it was just unreal. Also caught a bunch of tank crappie we took home. We want to go again next year. Cayuga and Winnipesaukiee in NH in addition to getting back to Fork and maybe Lake Murray.
    Man I bet that was a blast!

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rb View Post
    Fished all 3. Chowan Clear Lake and the Delta. Delta and it’s not close
    whens the last time you fished Chowan?.... this wasnt any comparison about any of them. Clear and Cal Delta have just been somewhere i always wanted to fish

I practically live on the Delta. 10 minute drive to the nearest launch down town Stockton.
    '94 Charger Foxfire 180VF '96 Suzuki DT150S BASS

I would like to go back to Champlain. Was there many years ago and had a blast with smallmouth. Would like to go again.

Been to Fork twice. Crushed it both times. First time we boated over 200 fish over 5# but didn't get a 10# fish but I didn't really care. Caught a 9.14 and 9.11. Released everything. Second time was even better, buddy took a 10.2, I got 2 9.14s that time and I didn't care it was just unreal. Also caught a bunch of tank crappie we took home. We want to go again next year. Cayuga and Winnipesaukiee in NH in addition to getting back to Fork and maybe Lake Murray.

Nice. I just proved two weeks ago to the locals in Texas that there was small bass there. Winni isn't what she use to be years ago........

7. USAF and DOD retired Phoenix Jim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ECobb91 View Post
    Rainy Lake
    I go there every year on Canada side. We catch 100 nice smallies a day and that is not exaggerating one bit!
    2018 Phoenix 920 Pro XP

8. Member
    St Lawrence River. Would love to be able to take my dad for fathers day to catch a giant smallie

Quote Originally Posted by Delta Bass Fool View Post
    Clearlake.
    same…flown over it a hundred times and it looks beautiful. Same with the delta…I will get to both eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by dean c View Post
    same…flown over it a hundred times and it looks beautiful. Same with the delta…I will get to both eventually.
    I’ll eventually get out to Clearlake once I get my boat seaworthy.

Did you happen to take any aerial pics of the lake?

I’ll eventually get out to Clearlake once I get my boat seaworthy.

Did you happen to take any aerial pics of the lake?

I have…but no idea where they are.

LOL figures.

13. Member
    LOL figures.
    some of those Cali lakes are just so different looking from what im used to seeing.. And the Delta is the odd ball in the mix with tonnssss of history in the bass fishing world

I watch as many videos about the delta as possible to learn as many techniques and hoping to find good holes and good fishing spots. At least some spots that typically will always be holding fish. Have had several days of getting skunked out there when I first got my boat. Last few times out I did not get skunked. That’s a good start IMO.

15. Member
    First time we boated over 200 fish over 5# but didn't get a 10# fish but I didn't really care.
    1 or 2 days or 6 months? No matter what seems like a much better time than I had!
    If professionals who's careers depend on catching fish use FFS then that's what I'm using. Might be too simple of a philosophy but makes sense to me.

16. Member
    I watch as many videos about the delta as possible to learn as many techniques and hoping to find good holes and good fishing spots. At least some spots that typically will always be holding fish. Have had several days of getting skunked out there when I first got my boat. Last few times out I did not get skunked. That’s a good start IMO.
    Delta seemed to fish awful for much of the early part of last year. Got a little better towards the end of the summer but man it was ugly. That ripping water just seemed to have them in a weird mood. From what I've seen so far in tournament results this year seems to be better.
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AKRISONER View Post
    If you ever decide to make it happen, shoot me a line. I’ll point you in the right direction. Georgian Bay is very very big, meaning that there is a lot of dead water. But once you are in the right stretch of water, youll never have a better time fishing anywhere on the planet.
    I appreciate it and will keep this in mind if I make it happen!

18. Member
    Treasure Lake (Cuba). If you're going to dream, might as well dream big. Everything else is attainable, if you really want to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Mcjenson View Post
    Delta seemed to fish awful for much of the early part of last year. Got a little better towards the end of the summer but man it was ugly. That ripping water just seemed to have them in a weird mood. From what I've seen so far in tournament results this year seems to be better.
    Yeah I went out early one time all of last year in April. Tried going up the San Joaquin river from Stockton but the water was moving way too fast. I ended up getting a fish over close to disappointment then called it a day. That’s the last time I’ve been fishing :/

Quote Originally Posted by DBolton View Post
    Heading to Lake Fork end of this month 23rd-30th. Planned the trip last year. Hopefully we have a good trip. Group of 8 staying in a house on the lake. I know it's not as easy as the Elites made it look last weekend to catch giants but it's nice to know they are in there!
    We will be there at the same time. Staying at Burnin Stump. Good luck!
    Dallas Cowboys…..Eventual Super Bowl Champions

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast