Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill2e View Post
    Why?

This is no different than when side scan came out.

Map chips too.

Or 360.

used to watch them drop on a fish with 2D, now it’s FFS. Not any different.

These tours exist to sell product.

FFS will only get better, it’s not going anywhere.
    I'm not talking about the technology. I'm all for that. I'm talking about the bitching, moaning and groaning associated with FFS. You hear people who don't even own a boat all the way up to the pros complaining about it. It's gotten old in a hurry.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by skeeterator View Post
    I like that he's taking cash from all these guys, especially those that didn't consider him to be a professional fishermen before he made the Elites.
    Agreed!

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NW.Ind.Basser View Post
    I guess I'm missing something. I don't see what's wrong with it.
    Pure made up bs nothing more

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigFishSteve View Post
    Those old timers never minded fishing with baits and equipment that others couldn’t have, before stuff was out to the public. They also never mind lying about bait they used to catch fish. Opportunistic drama.
    To be fair don’t think anything has been as impactful as livescope.

5. Member
    And this was Rick Clunn's response to this post.

[COLOR=var(--primary-text)]Rick Clunn Professional Angler[/COLOR][COLOR=var(--primary-text)]I completely agree.
    Success breeds resentment.  Strong men build people up, weak men tear others down.

[/COLOR]

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Crankinh20 View Post
    Truth!

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jcdogfish View Post
    I agree its probably not going anywhere,,except getting much better. But to say its no different from a mapping chip that shows coutours, 360 thats not real time and 2d is not my experience. I started fishing when the super 60 flasher was the thing. I still can't reliably tell you its a fish, for sure not what size fish and not how its reacting other than up and down. I can turn on livescope and not touch any settings and see fish real time. I may not know what I'm looking at but can still see them.
    Just can't get on board with this. People like me bitched and moaned because all those waypoints screwed up the best holes I had found. Now fisherman can open a map set the trolling motor and follow a specific depth line or to a specific brush pile that always has big ens on it. It's really no different just another way to find fish. This thing has been out for 7 years, this thing was made popular by old timers crappie fishing. These oldtimers (which I am one) on the bass tour are whining because they don't want to put the work in pure and simple.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Crankinh20 View Post
    Hard to argue with that

Quote Originally Posted by wareagle24 View Post
    I'm not talking about the technology. I'm all for that. I'm talking about the bitching, moaning and groaning associated with FFS. You hear people who don't even own a boat all the way up to the pros complaining about it. It's gotten old in a hurry.

You al.ost can tell who has actually used it and who has not just from their comments.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    You al.ost can tell who has actually used it and who has not just from their comments.
    True. Same I've heard with every technology innovation that has come along since the green box. It's just with the others there wasn't as much social media.

About 2 years ago I think this was absolutely the case. I am in no way saying my opinion is a majority or growing (I have no data to back that) but anecdotally I am seeing more that know the tech and excel with it, saying things that aren’t all praise in its regard. That wasn’t a very visible occurrence even on forums/social media very long ago. Again, doesn’t necessarily mean anything, just an observation.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Les Young View Post
    There's absolutely no reason the older guys can't learn ffs & be good with it. Plain & simple they have their heads stuck in the mud based on their preconcieved notions on what bass fishing is suppose to be. Plain & simple they need to use every availabe tool which ffs is the best tool ever available to them) or they need to retire from tournament fishing & work in the fishing industry just like they always have done.
    I could see this train coming down the tracks for about 3 years now. I watched what it did to tournament crappie fishing and it's currently doing the same to professional bass fishing. These guys had the opportunity to embrace and adapt, but chose not to. Those decisions have consequences unfortunately. I would get on board now and figure it out or find another line of work.

13. Member
    I know I just watch the 100 top bass anglers in the country fish arguably the best bass lake in the country for 4 days. All had it and still struggled to catch 5-6 fish per day. It’s a cool tool but it ain’t magic.
    Hang on. I'll help you in 77 minutes.

14. Member
    Once you start viewing professional bass fishing through the same lens as professional wrestling it honestly starts to all make sense

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TimH View Post
    He's not wrong. The bottom line is the anglers who are opting to embrace it and utilize it as a tool to do their job well are succeeding. It doesn't mean it is the only way to fish. Every angler has the right to decide how they want to fish, as well as the bait and technology that is available and legal to use during competition. However, if you opt not to use every advantage available to you and you get beat, it doesn't give you the right to crap all over how others choose to do their job.
    100%

It's just fishing

17. Member
    You don'i have to be a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.
    (hope I got that right)

18. Member
    I'll say this and let it lay....I'm 63...started scoping 2 yrs ago. Absolutely love it, you gather information, then you use that data to present the same bait a lot of times in the same exact areas you did before. Yes, you can target suspended fish, but when I was a kid I got to fish with an older gentlemen that was lights out on these fish with a flasher...couple questions..the main whiners, Swindle, Herron, hackney, did these not have a opportunity to spend the off season learning how this works? (Kinda what I did a couple years ago). But if you chose to sit in a deer stand or a duck blind, and think nothing ever changes, that's on you...things constantly change no matter what field you're in. Just remember, if you can't hack it, get your jacket....

19. Member
    I'm 60 and dont live on any lake. FFS shorten's the learning curve for us weekenders. In the past Fishing against locals who are on the water 5 days a week figuring out the patterns would just be donating. At least i got a chance now.

20. Member
    Youth are hungrier. The angler that prevails is the one with the most recent time on the water using it. As noted above, the Fork event gave up few bites they all had to work for it.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast