Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    I've only watched a few of Milliken's videos because I don't particularly like clickbait titles. I may occasionally open one but only if I've already read about it and know a little about what it contains before I open it. Anyways based on the few videos I have watch and all 8 of the times I have seen him cross the stage at the first two Elite events I don't understand the dislike of him or the comparisons of Ike or Matt Robertson. Maybe I missed it but what was he saying or what was his actions that reminds people of them. My impression was he was humble to be fishing the Elites. There was a couple times where he was confident in his statements but yet not to the point of sounding cocky. There was also times when he was unsure if he could duplicate his results he had just done for the day. So I guess my question is this...is my perception of his stage presence at Toledo Bend and Lake Fork really that off. I'll throw in a second question. Are opinions of him being based on content I have not seen because I don't see any Ike or Matt Robertson antics at the first to Elite events.
    Last edited by JR19; 03-06-2024 at 11:46 PM.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by june-bug View Post
    Yeah never seen one like this before. OSP Saikoro Dice Rubber. What the heck is this thing

You missed the fuzzy dice from last year? Those little suckers are $5 apiece
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by june-bug View Post
    Yeah never seen one like this before. OSP Saikoro Dice Rubber. What the heck is this thing

ha no idea Ben was throwing it but did see i think Fujita last year? Lots of jigs in the top 10

Dripping Springs, Texas and Wahpeton, Iowa
    Quote Originally Posted by wareagle24 View Post
    Mercer should change it to something like this...... Coming to stage now is a man who gives zero f**ks whether you like him or not. He has over 550,000 Youtube followers and most are grown ass men. He is the current "Big Thing". He is a Legend in his own mind. The one, the only, Ben Milliken.
    That is a good script and I know who to call if I ever need an MC to say something that best describes me in such a nice clever way.
    Last edited by Hoot; 03-06-2024 at 04:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JR19 View Post
    I've only watched a few of Milliken's videos because I don't particularly like clickbait titles. I may occasionally open one but only if I've already read about it and know a little about what it contains before I open it. Anyways based on the few videos I have watch and all 8 of the times I have seen him cross the stage at the first two Elite events I don't understand the dislike of him or the comparisons of Ike or Matt Robertson. Maybe I missed it but what was he saying or what was his actions that remines people of them. My impression was he was humble to be fishing the Elites. There was a couple times where he was confident in his statements but yet not to the point of sounding cocky. There was also times when he was unsure if he could duplicate his results he had just done for the day. So I guess my question is this...is my perception of his stage presence at Toledo Bend and Lake Fork really that off. I'll throw in a second question. Are opinions of him being based on content I have not seen because I don't see any Ike or Matt Robertson antics at the first to Elite events.
    No your perception isn’t off. The ones that dislike him and consider him clickbait haven’t watched to learn anything. They watch to judge “IF” they can get past the title of the video. Most of the time that is what sets them off. Welcome to the land of social media.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by John B. View Post
    No your perception isn’t off. The ones that dislike him and consider him clickbait haven’t watched to learn anything. They watch to judge “IF” they can get past the title of the video. Most of the time that is what sets them off. Welcome to the land of social media.
    I have. I was even subscribed at one point and got notifications. I got bored watching him and didn’t learn much that was useful to me. I watched him dremel a 6th sense swim bait to fix the action which I thought was stupid since he’s part of the company, then I watched him unveil his new boat and talk about all the things he didn’t like in his sponsored boat. I just don’t find him either entertaining or informative. I watched his “here’s my go to baits” and his fishing trip videos of him and coleslaw catching fish in some obscure lake, and him showing live scope stuff.

He just comes off to me like the kind of jerk who holds court and enjoys his own voice and opinions. Good for him and his YT followers, but I’ll pass. When BASS figures out he thinks he is bigger than them and the sport and he starts flexing his leverage with his followers, we’ll see how much BASS likes having him around.

It just strikes me as it’s going to be all good right up til it isn’t.

I was holding my breath Sunday when Ben lost a big one early in the morning. I didn't know if he'd lose his mind or clam up. He simply said nothing at all, put his head down and quietly went back to work. Tommy and Davy even commented on him going silent. The second one he lost he just dropped the rod on the deck in disgust. In both instances he stayed pretty calm with a lot of cash on the line, no cursing, whining or screaming, I thought he handled it well.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by skeeterator View Post
    I was holding my breath Sunday when Ben lost a big one early in the morning. I didn't know if he'd lose his mind or clam up. He simply said nothing at all, put his head down and quietly went back to work. Tommy and Davy even commented on him going silent. The second one he lost he just dropped the rod on the deck in disgust. In both instances he stayed pretty calm with a lot of cash on the line, no cursing, whining or screaming, I thought he handled it well.
    Yep that first one looked like a bigggg too.. didnt see the 2nd

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by basshammerwannabe View Post
    ha no idea Ben was throwing it but did see i think Fujita last year? Lots of jigs in the top 10
    Yeah I've seen that before but can't remember who.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Toni View Post
    I have. I was even subscribed at one point and got notifications. I got bored watching him and didn’t learn much that was useful to me. I watched him dremel a 6th sense swim bait to fix the action which I thought was stupid since he’s part of the company, then I watched him unveil his new boat and talk about all the things he didn’t like in his sponsored boat. I just don’t find him either entertaining or informative. I watched his “here’s my go to baits” and his fishing trip videos of him and coleslaw catching fish in some obscure lake, and him showing live scope stuff.

He just comes off to me like the kind of jerk who holds court and enjoys his own voice and opinions. Good for him and his YT followers, but I’ll pass. When BASS figures out he thinks he is bigger than them and the sport and he starts flexing his leverage with his followers, we’ll see how much BASS likes having him around.

It just strikes me as it’s going to be all good right up til it isn’t.
    His videos are definitely hit or miss, but being honest for someone pumping out 3 videos per week you are going to have some duds. Sometimes they are simply a clickbait title and him hammering them on some obscure lake, without much else to it. Other times they are super educational with detailed breakdowns on where he was fishing and why, along with footage of the sonar.

I could see personality being a turnoff too. He comes across as cocky or arrogant in his videos, and seems to draw a lot of conflict. That said by most accounts he's a good guy who appreciates and spends a lot of time talking to kids and signing autographs at the tournaments. Kind of like Ike in his heyday.

I think fishing the opens and now the elites are by far the best for his youtube content. For myself, its much easier to watch videos detailing practice and preparation for a tournament, and then showing how it went on game day, fishing tough crowded conditions. If he is just out fun fishing on an empty lake, I find it hard to care if someone gets a 30 pound bag or whatever. Lots of guys on youtube can go out and smash fish when everything lines up, he's the first I know of that has been able to translate it top level tournaments.
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

11. Member
    I’ve watched him from the start and I’m a big fan. Glad he has done well he is talented at fishing and is now making good money. Can’t be easy fishing against those anglers.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigFishSteve View Post
    For sure Bass fishing group is not very diverse. Need some the capital letters represented.
    Uhhhhh negative….

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Toni View Post
    I learned more from Jason Christie in 20 minutes than I ever have from a Milliken Clickbait promotional video. Or that Kansas fishing guide dude. Or the Garmin Guru.

Milliken aint that great compared to others. Unless you want to learn how to cut up a 6th sense swimbait with a Dremel, which was hilarious considering he is like some kind of consultant or owner of the company and then he has to show you how to modify the bait he sold you so it will do its job.

I give him a solid A for appealing to young brats who want to be just like him, but a C at best for being an instructor. YMMV
    Dont think I didn’t notice he had to demo how to fix a Hangover to make it run correctly. Those should have been an auto refund, no questions asked.He got me for a few.

Quote Originally Posted by Mcjenson View Post
    His videos are definitely hit or miss, but being honest for someone pumping out 3 videos per week you are going to have some duds. Sometimes they are simply a clickbait title and him hammering them on some obscure lake, without much else to it. Other times they are super educational with detailed breakdowns on where he was fishing and why, along with footage of the sonar.

I could see personality being a turnoff too. He comes across as cocky or arrogant in his videos, and seems to draw a lot of conflict. That said by most accounts he's a good guy who appreciates and spends a lot of time talking to kids and signing autographs at the tournaments. Kind of like Ike in his heyday.

I think fishing the opens and now the elites are by far the best for his youtube content. For myself, its much easier to watch videos detailing practice and preparation for a tournament, and then showing how it went on game day, fishing tough crowded conditions. If he is just out fun fishing on an empty lake, I find it hard to care if someone gets a 30 pound bag or whatever. Lots of guys on youtube can go out and smash fish when everything lines up, he's the first I know of that has been able to translate it top level tournaments.
    Where is the vid where he fixes the hangover. He hung me with 3 and I would like to fix them

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Spot-a-saurus View Post
    Where is the vid where he fixes the hangover. He hung me with 3 and I would like to fix them
    Well, he claims to be the "best swim bait fisherman in the world", so if anybody can perform surgery on a bait with wonky running characteristics, it's BM.

Quote Originally Posted by MadYakker View Post
    Well, he claims to be the "best swim bait fisherman in the world", so if anybody can perform surgery on a bait with wonky running characteristics, it's BM.
    Lol no joke I would seriously like to see the footage of him fixing them. I glanced through his videos and didn’t see any that mentioned modifying it. If anyone has the link to the one that has this footage I would be grateful. I’m not buying anymore hangovers but if I can fix the 3 I’ve got them I’ll be happy

17. Member
    When and where did he make that claim?
    “Buy a man eat fish, the day, teach a man, to a lifetime” -46

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Humboldtnick View Post
    When and where did he make that claim?

I think it may have been the Toledo Bend video footage, but it could have been Fork. I'll let some of his fans provide the time stamp-I'm sure they have it memorized.

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wtf View Post
    I think Ugly Stik is just excited to have someone in the Elite Series that fishes Ugly Stiks 
    I stocked shelves mornings at the local Cabelas few years back. Ugly stik was the number one selling rod brand in the world according to the associate who trained me.

Elite pro Alex Wetherell worked at the same location. I worked a couple shifts with him while in training.

20. Member
    I think it may have been the Toledo Bend video footage, but it could have been Fork. I'll let some of his fans provide the time stamp-I'm sure they have it memorized.

No he didn’t. You must have a secret crush on him, how many times have you posted about him now? I’d guess at least 10 times.

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast