Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MadYakker View Post
    Have you not heard of something called "paper maps" such as the Fishing Hotspots maps? There were things called "maps" long before the electronic versions on the depthfinders. I still refer to them on occasion because it gives a total readable perspective all at once.
    And the electronic mapping made it much easier to use. No longer were they triangulating and trying to figure out where they were. Take that away and many of them wouldn't have been as effective if they had to revert back to the maps.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by basshammerwannabe View Post
    wish i could of seen their faces with the bags he brought in the 1st 2 tournaments.. not 2 mention 2 top 10s
    Don't forget tied for the lead in AOY. Yea it's 2 tournaments in, but you know it's pissing people off to no end.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wackyjig View Post
    Don't forget tied for the lead in AOY. Yea it's 2 tournaments in, but you know it's pissing people off to no end.
    oh yeah

Quote Originally Posted by RangrSkipr View Post
    It was indeed a phenomenal event on a phenomenal lake with absolutely phenomenal results. Personally it was one of the most amazing tournaments that I've ever watched for all four days. The top ten and you could even say the top twenty were in the right place at the right time on the right lake.

You are right, it ain't magic and the classic on Grand is going to prove that in a humbling way with much lower numbers and weights. There will still be some stars headlining the show but it's not going to be the point and shoot kind of event that worked as well as it did on Fork.
    I don't know man. People were saying the same thing leading up to Toledo and Fork. The top 10 anglers in both of those tournaments were all pointing and shooting. I won't be surprised one bit if the Classic is won scoping.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by june-bug View Post
    I don't know man. People were saying the same thing leading up to Toledo and Fork. The top 10 anglers in both of those tournaments were all pointing and shooting. I won't be surprised one bit if the Classic is won scoping.
    it 100% will and you know who probably will be up there again..

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by skeeterator View Post
    He's fine as is, he's got nothing to get control of. He's got some of the best instructional livescope videos out there and I can read the comments here and tell who's watched them and who hasn't. He's got a huge online presence and followers for a reason. I doubt he truly gives a damn what anyone here thinks as he's doing fine without his detractors here and elsewhere.
    "The fastest death of men is in the form of hero worship"--Bedros Keuilian

7. dartag1829
    Quote Originally Posted by Wackyjig View Post
    The First 2 Elite events he has fished. I think he is up to 11 events with Bass and 121k in earnings. Not bad.

8. Member
    Mulligan is one of the best at scoping. But his constant swearing and the way he handled himself in the Blauket interview forever solidified him as one of fishings HUGEST IDB's. Interesting Douce Bag. Just another it's all about me millenial who would be lucky to have a BFL top 10 without his tech.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Basswhippa View Post
    Milligan is one of the best at scoping. But his constant swearing and the way he handled himself forever solidified him as one of fishings HUGEST IDB's. Interesting Douce Bag.
    He certainly is not a role model for anyone I have influence over. But he does represent a very large part of what we now revere in our nation, the brash, arrogant, foul mouthed, goes against the grain, uncouth and boorish know it all.

Hero worship? Get a fn clue, he's helped lots of people get better with livescope, nothing more.

11. Winter can end now..... BoatBuggy's Avatar
    Hero worship? Get a fn clue, he's helped lots of people get better with livescope, nothing more.
    And big swimbaits.
    2013 Ranger Z520c, 2013 Yamaha 250 SHO
    2018 Ranger RT198p, 2013 Mercury 150 Optimax

12. Member
    I learned more from Jason Christie in 20 minutes than I ever have from a Milliken Clickbait promotional video. Or that Kansas fishing guide dude. Or the Garmin Guru.

Milliken aint that great compared to others. Unless you want to learn how to cut up a 6th sense swimbait with a Dremel, which was hilarious considering he is like some kind of consultant or owner of the company and then he has to show you how to modify the bait he sold you so it will do its job.

I give him a solid A for appealing to young brats who want to be just like him, but a C at best for being an instructor. YMMV

13. Winter can end now..... BoatBuggy's Avatar
    Yet here you are bashing him in every thread that his name pops up in.....
    2013 Ranger Z520c, 2013 Yamaha 250 SHO
    2018 Ranger RT198p, 2013 Mercury 150 Optimax

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Crankinh20 View Post
    To be fair don’t think anything has been as impactful as livescope.

Precision Cmaps are close. They wiped out a 40 year accumulation of contour secrets is one swoop. Buy a $125 card and see what some old timers spent years learning. From buoys to triangulation to waypoints to Cmap Precision mapping....... changed my fishing world overnight.

Have you not heard of something called "paper maps" such as the Fishing Hotspots maps? There were things called "maps" long before the electronic versions on the depthfinders. I still refer to them on occasion because it gives a total readable perspective all at once.

Nothing from the paper maps was very accurate. If you relied on them, you werent even close to being in the right spot.

FFS is here to stay and this 71 yr old likes it.
    Last edited by BWQK; 03-05-2024 at 11:08 AM.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Toni View Post
    He certainly is not a role model for anyone I have influence over. But he does represent a very large part of what we now revere in our nation, the brash, arrogant, foul mouthed, goes against the grain, uncouth and boorish know it all.
    Only dead fish go with the flow.

16. Member
    The irony I see is the pioneers in the sport with flipping and other break thru techniques have a problem with new pioneers launching new techniques…..

its just like anything else… people by nature don’t like change…

Quote Originally Posted by ksubasser24 View Post
    Is he though or is he great with scope. Take the FFS sonar away and see how he does.
    His videos go back eight years, you don't have to wait.

P01135809

18. Member
    Based on the comments, it would appear Milliken is getting done exactly what he wants to. Get people talking about him and build his brand. As the old saying goes, "No such thing as bad publicity". It doesn't seem that long ago that there was this young, loud, brash Yankee kid who was breaking into the big leagues and he was arrogant, breaking rods, throwing down the American flag, etc, etc. Yep, back then Iaconelli was the fisherman that everyone loved to hate. In his case, I'm quite sure it was marketing to differentiate himself from the legion of us "Ah, shucks-toe-in-the-sand" polite Southerners that dominated the field. In real life, he's a good dude and does a lot of good things. I don't know Milliken as I only met him briefly once, so we'll see over time what he's really like.

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Toni View Post
    I learned more from Jason Christie in 20 minutes than I ever have from a Milliken Clickbait promotional video. Or that Kansas fishing guide dude. Or the Garmin Guru.

Milliken aint that great compared to others. Unless you want to learn how to cut up a 6th sense swimbait with a Dremel, which was hilarious considering he is like some kind of consultant or owner of the company and then he has to show you how to modify the bait he sold you so it will do its job.

I give him a solid A for appealing to young brats who want to be just like him, but a C at best for being an instructor. YMMV

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by marshman View Post
    The irony I see is the pioneers in the sport with flipping and other break thru techniques have a problem with new pioneers launching new techniques…..

its just like anything else… people by nature don’t like change…
    Kind of a valid point, but with all those other pioneering techniques someone could still compete doing something different. You didn't have to do what they were doing. Now you do. Nearly every top level tournament will be won using FFS from now on unless they do something to ban it which I don't think they will or should. Some old school guys will stick around for a few years by finishing mid pack, the guys who used to finish mid pack will be gone quickly. The only saving grace will be scheduling river tournaments for half of the events to nullify the use of livescope to some level.

I do wish team tournaments would ban it. It is fun to do solo, it is not fun for the guy who isn't on the trolling motor. He might as well stand there all day holding the net.

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast