Scam alert for sellers

Guys-- I am not on here a lot, and I just now posted my Triton on the BBC ads. Very appreciative to have a good site to post my boat.

However I just wanted to share my first response for the ad, a "buyer" contacted me right away, we only texted back and forth (he wouldn't call), and sounded legit until he told me to sign up for "ProCarfax.com" and send to him so he knows everything is alright. We have all heard of CarFax which we know is legitimate, but when I Googled "ProCarfax" it is apparently a scam.

If I am correct, be on the lookout. If I am wrong, please let me know.

Thanks
    SEark71

2. Member
    when you have a phone number an they wont call they arent serious anyway.

3. Member
    There has been many post about this happening lately on here, it seems have really taken off in the last six or eight months
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

4. #FRB
    It's sad how hard some people work to get out of making an honest living. These days you can't trust anyone.
    2023 Xpress H18 with 115 SHO and Powertech NRS4 21p
    8" Bob's Action Jack
    Garmin Echomap 12, 10, 9, and LVS34 networked with Netgear Switch
    Ultrex
    Trick Steps and Ramp N Clamp
    Pulled by a 2016 single cab HEMI Ram

Treat others like you want to be treated when on the water EVEN WHEN IN A TOURNAMENT! No fish is worth having a confrontation because you cut someone off or came in on top of someone.

The same thing happened to me selling a fish finder. I quickly disregarded his posts'
    Most men lead lives of quiet desperation and go to the grave with the song still in them.”

6. Member
    Recently sent Venmo to a company which sells books "how to scam people on the internet."
    Haven't heard back from them in weeks.
    You can't trust anybody.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Aj14 View Post
    Recently sent Venmo to a company which sells books "how to scam people on the internet."
    Haven't heard back from them in weeks.
    You can't trust anybody.

Many years ago, (MANY), I answered an ad that said “Complete instructions on how to make easy money with very little experience $5.00”. So I sent them the $5 bucks and received these instructions…….”Post an ad asking for $5 for complete instructions and send them this note “ !!! SMH
    Ranger Boats / Mercury Motors
    G Loomis Rods / Shimano Reels
    Raymarine / MinnKota Ultrex
    Garmin / Live Scope Plus
    Pepper Jigs / Robo Worms
    Troll Bridge / V-T2 Vents

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wmitch2 View Post
    Many years ago, (MANY), I answered an ad that said “Complete instructions on how to make easy money with very little experience $5.00”. So I sent them the $5 bucks and received these instructions…….”Post an ad asking for $5 for complete instructions and send them this note “ !!! SMH

If you sell online there are a few scams that people try. Have fun. Most like this one are easy to spot out.

My one rule pretty much stops all of it. U gotta see it b4 u buy it. Almost no one buys sight unseen boats.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team