Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chad202 View Post
    What about a FFS circuit and a non-FFS circuit?
    I actually think this would be an "all in" type of move. It would be a fix to the problem they are obviously wrestling with within BASS, but it would be interesting to see who would go where, or would there be a lot of them who jump back and forth. Would there be "Elites" in both "Conference"?

Quote Originally Posted by chad202 View Post
    What about a FFS circuit and a non-FFS circuit?
    I don’t inherently think this is a bad idea, in fact I think if more money was floating around from non endemic sponsorship it would work well. But I think the biggest road block to separate divisions would be if the views would be split and or if it would split up sponsor dollars. I’m not sure if it would or not, but I’ve always been under the impression we are a fairly small community and the more we are spread out the more money we would need in each league to keep going. Idk if you would get much overlap, just two camps of fisherman that didn’t compete against each other. I’d love to be proven wrong tho and am open to it being a possibility.

3. fish8503@yahoo.com GOTTA BIG SACK's Avatar
    BASS is doing just fine. Not sure what they would have to gain by having any part of MLF?
    2021 Skeeter ZX150
    2020 Sea Doo GTI se 170

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GOTTA BIG SACK View Post
    BASS is doing just fine. Not sure what they would have to gain by having any part of MLF?
    By definition, it would no longer be "MLF"-that is what the point would be. BASS would think up a new name/title/structure and distance itself away from the past history, reputation and associations.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GOTTA BIG SACK View Post
    The BFL / Toyotas and some of the big names are the only assets I can see.
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    It's not about patching it up. It's about expanding abd growing your own organization.
    I get that but what could BASS do differently to make it work. I’m sure the BFLs get good participation but that’s a lot of bs to deal with. I’m cool with the tours staying separate. I know a lot of guys want a merger so they can see their favorite pros fish together like the good ole days. Sometimes getting too big causes problems

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wareagle24 View Post
    Has anybody checked with Boyd to see how he feels about all this?

Boyd who.

8. Member
    If I was BASS, I wouldnt go near BPT/MLF. The organization wasnt healthy enough for the long haul, why save it? Like saying Walmart should merge with Target because Target has been doing shady business for years and the public is finally noticing their bad decisions. I'd probably hate BASS if they merged with MLF lol. Only thing MLF could help BASS out with is their streaming of tournaments.

9. Member
    Psssst, psssst, B.A.S.S. isn't really in great shape either. Since Ray Scott sold, it's a pit especially it doesn't have the free labor of the Federation. But, you keep thinking B.A.S.S. is in sittin' in high cotton ...
    Proverbs 28:1

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GClark519 View Post
    I think B.A.S.S. just lets MLF fold and picks up the pieces. I think the pros that left will be told to pound sand. You want to fish the Elites say hello to the opens! That group tried to kill BASS so I don’t see them doing anything to help them out!
    I think you are on to something. Don’t see BASS helping MLF in any way.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyA View Post
    Psssst, psssst, B.A.S.S. isn't really in great shape either. Since Ray Scott sold, it's a pit especially it doesn't have the free labor of the Federation. But, you keep thinking B.A.S.S. is in sittin' in high cotton ...
    It’s kind of hard for us to say for sure from the outside. Like I fully get that they aren’t making huge revenue like a regular sport, but this ownership group seems to be fairly conservative with stuff like payout jumps or kickstarting new series. They might have a perfectly healthy, profitable business for all we know.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjenson View Post
    It’s kind of hard for us to say for sure from the outside. Like I fully get that they aren’t making huge revenue like a regular sport, but this ownership group seems to be fairly conservative with stuff like payout jumps or kickstarting new series. They might have a perfectly healthy, profitable business for all we know.
    Is anybody old enough to remember when things were personal business? As someone who prefers MLF/BPT over B.A.S.S. now, I'm of the opinion stop dickin' around with Team tournaments and focus on reducing the field size from 80 to 50 incrementally. Separate the wheat from the chafe, provide a compensation/management package and get on with the business of A1 talent and entertainment.
    Proverbs 28:1

13. Member
    Their financial health is probably good because of the ownership umbrella. If BASS is the goldmine some think then payout increases and benefits to anglers should be happening. They should also go to new locations instead of the same ones that pay them to show up.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wareagle24 View Post
    Has anybody checked with Boyd to see how he feels about all this?

#FDB

The changes in MLF next year will be interesting when Boyd is off the tour. I foresee an expansion of the field...

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jcdogfish View Post
    Their financial health is probably good because of the ownership umbrella. If BASS is the goldmine some think then payout increases and benefits to anglers should be happening. They should also go to new locations instead of the same ones that pay them to show up.
    To be honest do they really have much incentive to greatly improve payouts? You got 150 plus guys fishing bad payouts for 9 opens just to get into the elites. Why risk overextending yourself in case they suffer a serious drop in membership or sponsorship?

16. Member
    To be honest do they really have much incentive to greatly improve payouts? You got 150 plus guys fishing bad payouts for 9 opens just to get into the elites. Why risk overextending yourself in case they suffer a serious drop in membership or sponsorship?
    Yes, you can have any payout you want, but it has to be sustainable. Just ask MLF about sustainable.

17. Member
    Next year...

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill2e View Post
    Why would BASS buy MLF?

BASS is doing fine, MLF is dying.
    If nothing else buy MLF to properly learn how to provide coverage during a professional bass tournament. The coverage is awful and if you state otherwise your simply a fanboy of BASS.

Thankfully the anglers carried the day with some monsters on Fork.
    Scott
    2016 Nitro Z20 Pro
    Serial # 2B125401 - 250ProXS DFI/TM2

19. Member
    My hope is that B.A.S.S. and MLF will stop competing with each other at all levels and this goes for other tournament trails as well. There are only so many hardcore fishermen and fans of the sport. Why schedule tournaments so anglers or fans must choose which one to watch or compete in. With 52 weeks in a year and 20 major tournaments between the two why schedule on top of each other and split viewers or competitors? Isn’t it better to tell advertisers or sponsors that you have a million viewers instead of half that many? It makes as much sense as putting multiple fishing show on competing networks at the same time. The same viewers would watch both if they were on at different times. If ABA and BFL want to grow, why schedule on top of the other. A lot of the fisherman at that level would fish both, thus growing both their numbers. By trying to be the bigger dog, they will only ever get part of the bone they are fighting over and we the would be consumers of their products will have to choose instead of watching or competing in both. Limiting our opportunities is only hurting us all.

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Limitseeker View Post
    My hope is that B.A.S.S. and MLF will stop competing with each other at all levels and this goes for other tournament trails as well. There are only so many hardcore fishermen and fans of the sport. Why schedule tournaments so anglers or fans must choose which one to watch or compete in. With 52 weeks in a year and 20 major tournaments between the two why schedule on top of each other and split viewers or competitors? Isn’t it better to tell advertisers or sponsors that you have a million viewers instead of half that many? It makes as much sense as putting multiple fishing show on competing networks at the same time. The same viewers would watch both if they were on at different times. If ABA and BFL want to grow, why schedule on top of the other. A lot of the fisherman at that level would fish both, thus growing both their numbers. By trying to be the bigger dog, they will only ever get part of the bone they are fighting over and we the would be consumers of their products will have to choose instead of watching or competing in both. Limiting our opportunities is only hurting us all.
    Truth is, there are way more tournament trails than are sustainable in the future.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast