Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    whats your rpms look like.

i have a 20ft xpress bay boat with a 115hp sho. Came with a 17p PTR3 and as you would expect way too many rpms. I added a 10" manual jackplate and tried a 19p trophy plus 4 blade and in my opinion this motor/boat should not turn this many rpms (6800+). Starting to wonder about my rpm gauge. Was at 3.5 P2P with too much blow out so I dropped to get to 4" but have not ran it again. Looking for some 21p props to try.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bayouXpress View Post
    whats your rpms look like.

i have a 20ft xpress bay boat with a 115hp sho. Came with a 17p PTR3 and as you would expect way too many rpms. I added a 10" manual jackplate and tried a 19p trophy plus 4 blade and in my opinion this motor/boat should not turn this many rpms (6800+). Starting to wonder about my rpm gauge. Was at 3.5 P2P with too much blow out so I dropped to get to 4" but have not ran it again. Looking for some 21p props to try.
    Something doesn’t sound right there. Check your tach. You should be getting a rev cut before 6800 rpms.

3. #FRB
    I'm getting maybe 100 less rpm's with the nrs4 21p than I was with the ptr 21p. Around 6000 in these warmer temps. After my experience with the ptr3 on my hull I wouldn't pull one off the dealer lot unless the ptr3 is preplaced with anything but that prop. My prop might have been a dud out of the box but it was terrible.
    2023 Xpress H18 with 115 SHO and Powertech NRS4 21p
    8" Bob's Action Jack
    Garmin Echomap 12, 10, 9, and LVS34 networked with Netgear Switch
    Ultrex
    Trick Steps and Ramp N Clamp
    Pulled by a 2016 single cab HEMI Ram

Treat others like you want to be treated when on the water EVEN WHEN IN A TOURNAMENT! No fish is worth having a confrontation because you cut someone off or came in on top of someone.

4. Member
    So I installed the equipment to get engine data on graph and after 3k rpms my gauge is off pretty bad. At wot is almost 900 rpms off. With the 19p 4 blade trophy i'm only turning 6k. Seems like its a little too much prop for me. Going to put back the original 3blade powertech 17p and see what it is turning.

5. #FRB
    Quote Originally Posted by bayouXpress View Post
    So I installed the equipment to get engine data on graph and after 3k rpms my gauge is off pretty bad. At wot is almost 900 rpms off. With the 19p 4 blade trophy i'm only turning 6k. Seems like its a little too much prop for me. Going to put back the original 3blade powertech 17p and see what it is turning.
    6300 is redline for the 115 SHO and 6k is close enough. I'd run the prop the boat handles best with and call it good.
    2023 Xpress H18 with 115 SHO and Powertech NRS4 21p
    8" Bob's Action Jack
    Garmin Echomap 12, 10, 9, and LVS34 networked with Netgear Switch
    Ultrex
    Trick Steps and Ramp N Clamp
    Pulled by a 2016 single cab HEMI Ram

Treat others like you want to be treated when on the water EVEN WHEN IN A TOURNAMENT! No fish is worth having a confrontation because you cut someone off or came in on top of someone.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12