Rite Hite Turrets

https://rmind.com/shop/rite-hite-turret/

What does everyone think about have a turret like Rite Hite added to your trolling motor? If you have spot lock, You can spot lock and still keep your FFS on the target fish during wind and current. I really think it may have a place in FFS. Thoughts????

2. Member
    Have one and love it most of the time. The positive is spot lock and being able to use it. The downside is scanning around when trolling around. You can sweep an area quicker with it mounted to your trolling motor. Just get the faster turret as they make two speeds. Overall though I am happy with the purchase and you cannot beat their customer service.

3. Member
    I'd never have one, as I only bass fish. I scan constantly while going down the bank, fishing a point/hump/etc. Just have to move my foot off the button and then back on as needed. If I was a crappie fisherman, I could see where it would be beneficial.

4. Member
    Dd26 Livefoot. I bought a rite hite first and liked it but was never really happy with it. Have been very impressed with the livefoot wish I would have just spent the extra $$ on it to begin with. I have a ducer on my trolling motor shaft and the pole and no way would I ever choose the trolling motor over the pole.

5. Member
    I have one mounted to my ultrex and like it. It has pro's and cons. I crappie fish a lot, and I wouldn't want to do that without it. If I were solely bass fishing, I might rethink it? It's not real quick at searching for fish & cover. It is way better for targeting fish in cover with spot lock.. open water fish moving around, or looking for fish while moving, not so much. I'm getting to the point that I don't multi-task as well as I used to, so it is a plus for me to be able to use spot-lock and search around with my FFS independently on a wind day. All in all I'm not unhappy with my purchase and wouldn't pull it off and put my transducer back on the trolling motor. but understand it has some negatives as well. Both on the TM and the pole would be optimal, if budget would allow.
    Last edited by Bobby Gray; 03-04-2024 at 10:58 AM.

6. Member
    I love mine, only regret is I got the 3PMH model and if having to redo I'd get the 5MPH model. Fantastic when I am spot locked and don't have to worry about where my AT transducer moving around.

7. Member
    the pole is trash on ritehite. spend the extra money and get the dd26. ive had both

8. Member
    I don't know of any top level "scopers" that use a separate pole, unless its a separate transducer from their trolling motor mount. It's just not as efficient and sweeping and scanning with the trolling motor.
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

9. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    how about the best of both worlds
    https://youtube.com/shorts/wQ1jwh6CG...Rvw8DVPjnq0rwQ

10. Member
    I solely bass fish a river and spotlock constantly. Rite hite is perfect for me.
    2017 18trx, 200 proxs serial 2B401503

11. Member
    POS , have a customer with one on his boat the mount is not stout enough to support the weight and it just flops all around. He mc givered it together with a piece of wood to stabilize it. He reached out to them and they said they would make it right ,but never did.
    After the garbage jackplate they used to build I would buy anything from them

Quote Originally Posted by scotty34 View Post
    POS , have a customer with one on his boat the mount is not stout enough to support the weight and it just flops all around. He mc givered it together with a piece of wood to stabilize it. He reached out to them and they said they would make it right ,but never did.
    After the garbage jackplate they used to build I would buy anything from them
    I was was going to say the same thing. The mounts are Trash withoutba Stabilizer. The slightest amountbof chop and it flops around to the point to where I slow way down so that I dont destroy it.

Triton 19 XS Elite, 225 Mercury Pro XS, Minn Kota Ultrex 112, Hydrowave H2, Twin 8' Power Pole Blades, Power Pole CHARGE, Lowrance HDS 12 and 16 at console, Lowrance HDS 9, Garmin LiveScope at bow, Mercmonitor, Rigid Industries Deck lights and other stuff to come that will make me go more broke

I’ve been happy with mine up until it stopped rotating. I’ve returned it for a repair quote, so I’ll weigh back in again in a few days. Overall, I’ve found mine useful for bass fishing or crappie fishing. I prefer to troll thru an area with the turret set to look forward 50-60 feet to one side.
    Once I spot fish I hit spotlock, and then use the turret to sweep side to side.
    If you’re the type of fisherman that moves quite a bit with the TM a turret (IMHO) would be of marginal use. If you like to locate fish, spotlock, and thoroughly work an area over before moving then a turret is a great tool.
    BassCat Sabre FTD
    Mercury 150 Optimax
    "It's just fishing"

14. Member
    It comes with a stabilizer. Fits just snug enough to stop vibration but still allows shaft to spin freely.
    2017 18trx, 200 proxs serial 2B401503

15. Member
    I've have one for a couple years with no complaint's, I would recommend buying the pole stabilizer with it though, I have the Rite Hite one and the BSE( I think thats the brand) one and the BSE is better than the RH.

16. Member
    It depends on how and where you fish. If you fish a lot of wood, I would recommend against the Rite Hite. It's not sturdy enough to hang up in lumber and still function correctly. Even if you have one of the after market dogbones, it will still flex and get out of alignment and bind up if you hang up in wood. I had a 3RPM Rite Hite on my last boat that I had put on for vertical fishing in the winter, and took off in the spring when i started fishing wood or grass lakes. I ordered a DD26 for my new boat, but after thinking on it a while, going to send it back and order another Rite Hite. Makes better sense for the way I fish.