Thread: Trey McKinney

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eriedude View Post
    Talent? Kid doesn't have ant Talent. He does what all the " young guns " do. Launch the boat , drop the scope , and play video games. ANY young kid can do it. They don't have to read a map, weather conditions, spawn stages ect.... He may win again or never again.
    Such a stupid comment.

2. Kentucky Bass Club/Trailers & Towing Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim285pro View Post
    Lol. So he added Scoping to his arsenal when he was 12 years old. Just stop. Why can’t scopers just own who they are.
    A little research will show Mr. Mckinney is not just a scoper. So while your statement may be true about a lot of them it isn't about him.

On a side note I have no doubts a 12 year old could take livescope and be proficient in a short amount of time. As someone who has young kids technology is every where for them. It's in their wheelhouse. And we are seeing it first hand.

3. Member
    Thank goodness for FFS

4. Member
    It’s amazing how mad people are about watching people staring at a screen vs beating the bank. I really think it’s jealousy at this point. Not really sure how beating a bank is just so much more interesting.
    2021 Triton 20 TRX Patriot w/ 250 ProXS
    16” HDS Live at console
    12” & 9” HDS Live at Bow
    Ghost, Active Target, Atlas Hydraulic, and 8’ Blades

He's good!

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill2e View Post
    Why is a “Scoper” worse than a side imager, a 360er, a flipper, a power fisherman, a finesse fisher, a jig fisher, a crank baiter, a grinder, etc….

It’s all a tool.
    Because in 3-5 years if you’re not only using that tool you won’t be fishing any professional trail. There will be a random event here and there that’s won without it but very few.

7. Arkansas Fishing Moderator cmclairday2's Avatar
    Why is a “Scoper” worse than a side imager, a 360er, a flipper, a power fisherman, a finesse fisher, a jig fisher, a crank baiter, a grinder, etc….

It’s all a tool.
    I think it’s as much the fact that he’s 19. If Trey was 40 it would be a lot more palatable for the Velcro shoes and blue blockers crowd to accept
    '02 Gambler Outlaw
    '02 Mercury 200 EFI 2.5L

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cmclairday2 View Post
    I think it’s as much the fact that he’s 19. If Trey was 40 it would be a lot more palatable for the Velcro shoes and blue blockers crowd to accept
    Nope not here. I am 66 and loved watching that young man win. Way to go young man. Great win

9. Arkansas Fishing Moderator cmclairday2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by yatesville88fan View Post
    Nope not here. I am 66 and loved watching that young man win. Way to go young man. Great win
    I know man, it was pretty awesome to see the kid do what he did. I was speaking more to a certain segment of the older crowd
    '02 Gambler Outlaw
    '02 Mercury 200 EFI 2.5L

10. Member
    Is he the same kid who had the professional coach traveling with him on the opens last year? Serious question.
    Yes

11. Member
    Talent? Kid doesn't have ant Talent. He does what all the " young guns " do. Launch the boat , drop the scope , and play video games. ANY young kid can do it. They don't have to read a map, weather conditions, spawn stages ect.... He may win again or never again.
    And stupid just showed up

Quote Originally Posted by tdnick View Post
    It’s amazing how mad people are about watching people staring at a screen vs beating the bank. I really think it’s jealousy at this point. Not really sure how beating a bank is just so much more interesting.

100% Jealousy

Guys in my club complain because others have more time to practice. This is before live scope. They just can’t accept the fact that others are better and need to blame their failures on something other than them.
    Bass Cat Caracal STS / Mercury 300 ProXS
    Jayco Northpoint 377 RLBH
    GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    #ChargeOn #HereWeGo

13. Member
    The young man fishes 300 plus days a year. Meanwhile, the anglers complaining about scoping spend 3 months in a deer stand. If you want to excel at your craft, one need to work on it 12 months a year. Tiger Woods didn't dominate because he took three months off.from golf.

100% Jealousy

Guys in my club complain because others have more time to practice. This is before live scope. They just can’t accept the fact that others are better and need to blame their failures on something other than them.

Probably more truth to that than many will admit.

15. Member
    Define “professional coach?” The guy that traveled and fished with him the last several years is a very good local fisherman from the same southern IL area. 60ish years old. Live and mostly fishes in Illinois all his life.

16. Member
    Wow do some people ever put any thought in what they are posting before they post it? Wheres he from and tell me how hes done so well in the area he is from.. Look at the lakes hes been taking peoples money on for years already, dont think that was because of FFS (lots before it was even out), he just has another polished tool in his box and that makes him beyond dangerous

17. Member
    My kids played tennis - it was not unusual for wealthy families to travel to tournaments in a motor home and with a full time coach assigned to just their kids. Home schooling was part of the deal, so they could focus on tennis. But I've never heard of that in fishing.

This kid is good. Really good. But it's taken a huge amount of resources to get him here that isn't available to the average kid that loves fishing. Congrats to him for being so humble about it.

Quote Originally Posted by DylanSam View Post
    Define “professional coach?” The guy that traveled and fished with him the last several years is a very good local fisherman from the same southern IL area. 60ish years old. Live and mostly fishes in Illinois all his life.
    I think it's pretty self explanatory. He is someone who is paid to coach Trey and teach him the things that he needs to know that will help him to become a successful tournament fisherman.

When I was in my early 20's I played a pick up game of basketball at the local church with a bunch of 40 and 50 year olds. I was personally invited to play - then proceeded to wipe the floor with them as their ailing hearts and knees couldn't handle the pace. The day after they personally un-invited me from ever playing again.

Feels like that 2.0 with some of the fuddy duddies out there. Watching 19 and 20 year olds put your tournament fishing career into early retirement isn't a blast.

Lol. So he added Scoping to his arsenal when he was 12 years old. Just stop. Why can’t scopers just own who they are.
    LS wasn't around when he was 12. One dumb comment after another in this thread.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast