Ultrex Quest software update for 24V operation?

From HB's web site..."An issue was discovered that may cause the propeller to begin turning incorrectly when the Quest trolling motor is powered by 24V. This software update to the QUEST motor control board will limit or prevent this issue."

What does "propeller to begin turning incorrectly" mean? Does it operate in the wrong direction? And why is it not a fix versus saying "limit or prevent"? How can you put out a product where this is even an issue when it is advertised for 24/36V operation?

2. Member
    Probably when switched to the 24 volt operation it uses slightly More amps or something like that. It is one of those things they would be better off updating and saying “Bug fixes” It is probably over most guys heads what the situation is. If you call HB you will probably get some kind of answer. JMO Bob
    Tell me where has a slow movin' once quick draw outlaw got to go

Thought I would give an update after going through all of this.

1) Ignore what is on the Hummin'bird site about performing the updates that are just related to the Ultrex Quest TM.

2) Download the "One Boat" app onto your phone. You HAVE TO HAVE THIS!

3) Download the software updates to your phone. For me there was one piece of software that would not download...at first. I got tired trying, even talked to Minn Kota, and after almost 2 hours I got tired on trying and went in from the garage to the house. Ate lunch, walked back in the garage, and while having lunch unknowingly to me the software updated on the phone and downloaded to the TM. The only thing that may have helped with this is to set the app to "Perform Automatic Software Updates".

4) Make sure you have everything ready, connected correctly, and powered up.

5) Connect the remote and phone through Bluetooth.

6) Bring up the related "Accessory Test" screen on your HB unit.

7) Download everything using your phone to the Quest TM. It will take some time for everything to download.

8) Register your TM using the app, as you can request a call-back from Minn Kota and it saves a LOT of time to have all of the information registered. Minn Kota was taking about 15-20min to call back after submitting a call back request.