X19 Help with jackplate / prop

Hey guys,

I was able to open up my new X19 yesterday and was only able to turn about 5400rpm. 1/4 tank of gas, two 220 lbs guys in it we topped out around 56.5mph. From what I read I should be seeing about 60mp and 5800rpm, I do have the power tech 23p and I know it's not the ideal prop but sounds like I should still be seeing 60mph and turning more rpm. I was throwing a big roostertail too at one point so I know I had it trimmed up enough, wondering about plate height. I attached some pics of my setup, and help is appreciated ! Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Member
    What motor?

3. Member
    O sorry, SHO 175

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonboy12 View Post
    O sorry, SHO 175
    I have the same setup except 2019 model. You are maxed out with that prop. A tro4 will help and overall a good choice. I’ve tried many props and jack plate settings. One has top speed that don’t turn well and the other turnes but won’t max out. This rig loves rpm’s and lots of trim. My solution was hydraulic jack plate. Lower in the turnes and up on the straight. Props for best top end are fxp 23 txp 22 or Yamaha T1 22 all will run 62-64 in good cool weather. I’ve also cleaned the welds at the bottom of the transom and reshaped them with jb weld epoxy about a 5/16 tall curve. The say theese welds helps to prevent bounce at certain speeds.
    2019 x19 175 SHO 12” Bobs jack plate

5. Member
    Find a good prop and add some cup. The stern and bow needs to lift for max performance.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2019 x19 175 SHO 12” Bobs jack plate

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessxpress View Post
    I have the same setup except 2019 model. You are maxed out with that prop. A tro4 will help and overall a good choice. I’ve tried many props and jack plate settings. One has top speed that don’t turn well and the other turnes but won’t max out. This rig loves rpm’s and lots of trim. My solution was hydraulic jack plate. Lower in the turnes and up on the straight. Props for best top end are fxp 23 txp 22 or Yamaha T1 22 all will run 62-64 in good cool weather. I’ve also cleaned the welds at the bottom of the transom and reshaped them with jb weld epoxy about a 5/16 tall curve. The say theese welds helps to prevent bounce at certain speeds.
    Exactly what I was looking for , thank you. FXP 23p seems to be a pretty common good prop for this boat, I'm not trying to squeeze everything out of it just want to run the right RPMs and be around 60 ish, thanks!

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessxpress View Post
    Find a good prop and add some cup. The stern and bow needs to lift for max performance.
    I can tell already this boat likes lift alot!

8. Member
    The x19 likes the trophy and tro4 the best. Flash that sho and be done with it if speed is what you’re after. Do not mess with the hull for 1mph. You will void any warranty you had.