Thread: Falcon Lake

Falcon Lake

Someone educate me. I’ve been following the elites for 4 or 5 years now. I keep hearing about the legendary 2008 Falcon Lake tournament and the weights that were thrown up there but to my understanding they’ve only ever had the one tournament there. Did the lake go to hell after? Is it because it’s on the boarder with Mexico? Why have they never gone back?

2. Member
    Because they let so much water out of it, very low and ramp situation was a mess. It’s catching some water from Amistad but still low. Fishing also got tough, border situation is more about drama than anything.

3. Member
    Not going to create controversy, so I won’t post on it. There were many unhappy people after the tournament.

They did go more than 1 time though.
    Last edited by Bass in the grass; 03-03-2024 at 09:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinchy140 View Post
    Someone educate me. I’ve been following the elites for 4 or 5 years now. I keep hearing about the legendary 2008 Falcon Lake tournament and the weights that were thrown up there but to my understanding they’ve only ever had the one tournament there. Did the lake go to hell after? Is it because it’s on the boarder with Mexico? Why have they never gone back?
    Always Think Like A Fish.....No Matter How Weird it Is!!

5. Member
    It's just the nature of South and West Texas lakes. 5 years ago, Ivie was a river channel. Then after the Milliken video, it got hammered. I'm sure its not as easy now as it was then. Water level always plays a big role in those lakes.

The very first fish I ever caught on Falcon was a 5lber on a football jig in about 15-20' of water. To this day it was the hardest and most vicious bite I've ever had that wasn't topwater. It felt like someone hit the jig with a baseball bat.
    Last edited by Mark Perry; 03-03-2024 at 10:42 AM.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Big C View Post
    It's just the nature of South and West Texas lakes. 5 years ago, Ivie was a river channel. Then after the Milliken video, it got hammered. I'm sure its not as easy now as it was then. Water level always plays a big role in those lakes.
    When Ivie was 50 low it was a good bit more than just a river channel, the 37ft rise in 2018 certainly helped the fishing but now it’s 30 low and fishing is not very good at all now.