Thread: Caitlin Clark

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Caitlin Clark

She more than likely will break the all time ncaa scoring record tomorrow. Good for her she is a Great player and deserves it. But when the record she is about to break was set there were no three point shots.

2. Ft Gibson Lake America lakefolk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by yatesville88fan View Post
    She more than likely will break the all time ncaa scoring record tomorrow. Good for her she is a Great player and deserves it. But when the record she is about to break was set there were no three point shots.
    and Pete wasn't playing against girls.....

"Being a winner is more than getting a first place trophy, it is acting like the effort was an honor and the trophy is just a decoration."

"A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him"

Smith Mountain Lake, VA and a cottage in Ontario
    And both are behind the all time leading women’s collegiate scorer before the NCAA took over women’s basketball in 1982. But i think Caitlin is great.

4. Ft Gibson Lake America lakefolk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tcesni View Post
    And both are behind the all time leading women’s collegiate scorer before the NCAA took over women’s basketball in 1982. But i think Caitlin is great.
    she is,,, a great WOMEN'S basketball player........ you cannot in any way compare the women's game to men's

"Being a winner is more than getting a first place trophy, it is acting like the effort was an honor and the trophy is just a decoration."

"A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him"

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lakefolk View Post
    she is,,, a great WOMEN'S basketball player........ you cannot in any way compare the women's game to men's
    This. She is a Great player. Pistol Pete was Awesome. MLB put an asterisk beside Roger Maris when he broke the season hr record because i think he played in two more games.

6. Member
    Not taking anything away from Caitlin Clark, she is an awesome player, Pistol Pete did it in three years. Freshman were not allowed to play when he was at LSU. I read that if there was a 3 point line when he played, he would have averaged 57 points per game. Almost 13 threes per game.

7. Ft Gibson Lake America lakefolk's Avatar
    All the big comparisons they are hyping with Clark are only trying to bring the women's game into the spotlight.. I will say it's working and gaining some viewership, especially to those that don't know any better. .

How many 3's did Pete make
    You can censor my speech but not my thoughts or will
    We are living in a time where intelligent people are being silenced so stupid people won't be offended

9. Member
    Great player she is. Let her have her time in the spotlight. Awesome.

10. Member
    CC has been great for NCAAW. I've been on Bass Boat Central for many years and she is the first I think that's ever been mentioned on here.

Even my 2 girls under 8 years old know who she is and REQUESTS to watch her play on TV.
    Keep it up Caitlin! You are great for the sport and young lady's dreaming to play

11. Member
    She is a great female player, but this is why the women play women and the men play the men. Also why you cant compare players from different eras.

Credit where credit is due. If it was easy to make those points for men or women then there would be more players reaching that milestone.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by alanhore View Post
    She is a great female player, but this is why the women play women and the men play the men..
    Most of the time anyways

14. Member
    I don’t understand all the negativity that has been brought up about her. I can only assume that it’s because she’s a female, I don’t think that anyone would be saying much if it was a male , most of us never saw Pistol
    play. No one said anything until
    she got close to the record. No male is going to get the record because none of the great
    players stay more than 2 years. If they want the record they could stay and play. Yes times and rules have changed , everything changes on sports now. She’s going to have the record, and someone else may evidently break it if they want to stay and play for it.

15. Member
    For clarification:

Caitlin just passed Lynette Woodards pre-NCAA record for all time collegiate D1 scoring (previous set in 1981). This was completed this recent Wednesday.

Pistol Pete scored a ton of points in 3 years. He shot 39 attempts a game on average. How? His dad, Press Maravich, was the head coach. It makes a difference.

C Clark averaged 19.9 shots a game in college. It feels like a lot at times so how would 40 feel like every night? What modern team would allow that?

Yes she shoots 3 pointers. Remember that the 3 point line has been backed up at least twice. Its last move back was over 16 inches in 2021 (for women) to 22’ 1.75”. This is almost 2.5 feet past original 3 point line. The previous NCAA women’s leader shot all 3s at the shorter distances.

If it was just chucking up shots it would be one thing BUT it’s getting open when 2+ people are trying to hold/bump/knock you every offensive possession even without the ball. The passes that she provides out of this are THE BEST part. It will only look better when teammates have better handles and finishing skills.

She gets frustrated and whines more than we want to see sometimes. BUT watch her playing without the ball, watch her arms turn red over the course of the game as they hack her to try and slow her down. It would be hard to constantly be held because the reality is that is probably the best way to slow her down.

The WNBA people will probably hate her to start as she is not the normal player demographic. The attention brought to the league will help them get over it.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hammerdog View Post
    [COLOR=#000000][FONT=UICTFontTextStyleBody]I don’t understand all the negativity that has been brought up about her. I can only assume that it’s because she’s a female, I don’t think that anyone would be saying much if it was a male , most of us never saw Pistol]
    It's pretty simple, many people (and you can probably read that as "male sports fans") are going to be annoyed when she is credited with the basketball scoring record with no distinction between men's and women's. There are some in our society who will then cite this as proof of her being the best college hoops player of all time as they did with Serena Williams in pro tennis even though Serena herself wouldn't put herself anywhere near the top 100 men.
    Some people are so judgemental. You can tell just by looking at 'em.--Some random meme

17. Member
    Pete not only just had 3 years and no 3 point line. They also did not have a shot clock and other teams would hold the ball longer so they could play keep away from him.
    2005 21XD W/ 2005 MERC 250XS BULLET TOTAL PERFORMANCE BOAT!!

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BULLET FAN View Post
    Pete not only just had 3 years and no 3 point line. They also did not have a shot clock and other teams would hold the ball longer so they could play keep away from him.
    Shhhhh, what do you think you're doing coming on here and mansplaining?
    Some people are so judgemental. You can tell just by looking at 'em.--Some random meme

19. Member
    NCAA said they do not have a combined basketball scoring record. The men's record is the men's, and the women's record is the women's.....as it should be. She is a great woman basketball player.....and I am sure she will break that record.

20. Member
    I just watched some high lights of her. She’s good. Couldn’t help but notice when she shoots that she faces the net. Another kid using Forward Facing Shots.
    Hang on. I'll help you in 77 minutes.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast