Mattress question

Pretty much decided on Tempur-Pedic. We have King size. Is the “Secretary of the Interior “, is suggesting maybe getting split mattress. (That is two single xl’s). I am not a fan of the idea, but since I am perfect weight if I was 8’2”, (275 and trying to loose), she says I cause says eventually. Anyone go this route? Negative’s?
    2023 BassCat Sabre FTD
    2023 175 Pro XS

2. Member
    Have you tried them out in store? I went that route and they hurt my back and were kind of hot. I heard over time they have sagging issues with foam collapsing.

Video below might help in your decision process.

3. Member
    We purchased a Tempur Pedic in 2008 after wife was involved in car crash. The Cal King mattress has been flawless and still to this day works as it should. We have considered going split mattress or some type of sleep number situation as she is now wanting a slightly firmer mattress. In 2008 I remember dropping $6,000 for the thing

4. Ft Gibson Lake America lakefolk's Avatar
    did that once,,,,,,, never ever again............. they say the split won't be a problem,, that's total BS

"Being a winner is more than getting a first place trophy, it is acting like the effort was an honor and the trophy is just a decoration."

"A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him"

We had two Tempur-pedics and had to make warranty claims on both of them for sagging. When we got the new one for the last claim, we sold it and bought Sealy mattress in a box. They've lasted a lot longer. I say "they" because we bought two Twin XL's. That way, if one side wears out, you only have to replace that side, not the whole mattress. In my opinion, Tempur-pedic used to be great mattresses...our daughter and SIL had one for nearly 20 years. But, once they stablished their reputation, they cheapened them to increase profits and are riding on their former glory.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

6. Member
    We have a split motorized King Temper-Pedics due to our sleep patterns and temperature desires. We have had no issues, bed is probably 8 years old. Working around the split hasn't been an issue. We paid $4800 for ours on sale.
    War Eagle Blackhawk 2170 - Suzuki 150, MG Xi5
    Lowrance HDS 7" & 9" - Twin Talon 12' Anchors

7. Member
    We have split king with 2 nectar twin xl . No problem for us . Easier to change sheets , not having to lug a heavy king . It also makes it better when one partner toss & turn all night. Does not bother the other person.
    1988 Ranger 364V
    150HP Merc Black Max

Quote Originally Posted by okiebass View Post
    We have split king with 2 nectar twin xl . No problem for us . Easier to change sheets , not having to lug a heavy king . It also makes it better when one partner toss & turn all night. Does not bother the other person.

^^^^^ Same, exactly! ^^^^^
    Dallas Cowboys…..Eventual Super Bowl Champions