Bow Graph Mount Questions

I am looking for a graph mount for my Helix 7 at the bow. I am looking at a couple different styles and would like some feedback from anyone that has used them. Currently the gimbal bracket is screwed directly to the deck. I am looking at the KVD mini Kong, BalZout or either the BBT or Str8-up bridge style. Any info on either type or specific mounts would be great.

Secondly, this is my first boat so not sure the best way to secure it. Once I am ready to attach the mount do I need to bolt it through the deck or can it just be screwed down to the deck? Boat is aluminum with an aluminum deck.
    2021 Vexus AVX 181, Mercury 60CT 4S, MK Ultrex, HB Helix 7 MSI and MDI

I've had the Str8 up and Deck it mounts and both are solid and cost a lot less than the kong and balzout
    "The handicapped angler"

3. #FRB
    In my opinion you can spend as much or as little as you like on a mount. For that Helix 7 look for the cheapest mount that will do what you need it to. This one would probably suit you fine. A lot of the guys on here that will suggest the high dollar mounts are running big HEAVY graphs up front.
    Bass Pro Shops LockDown SuperLight Marine Electronics Mount | Bass Pro Shops
    As for screwing it to the deck...sheet metal screws into proper size predrilled holes (or just use self-tappers if you want) Stainless is what everyone will say to use but I've never had issues using non-stainless for depth finder stuff because I hate stainless hardware and only use it when I have to like for mounting an engine to the transom or maybe a trolling motor.
    2023 Xpress H18 with 115 SHO and Powertech NRS4 21p
    8" Bob's Action Jack
    Garmin Echomap 12, 10, 9, and LVS34 networked with Netgear Switch
    Ultrex
    Trick Steps and Ramp N Clamp
    Pulled by a 2016 single cab HEMI Ram

Treat others like you want to be treated when on the water EVEN WHEN IN A TOURNAMENT! No fish is worth having a confrontation because you cut someone off or came in on top of someone.

4. Member
    Helix 7 is pretty light…..c size ram universal electronics mount in a corner if the foot pedal tray, or a BPS over the pedal lockdown mount….whichever you prefer. Both are $69.

Thru bolt the mount & use fender washers, ss machine screw & nylock nuts…..might as well do it right.
    Lightning 6
    2007 TR-196DC

5. Member
    I used the mount that came with the Helix7. It’s been fine

Quote Originally Posted by DaveBrabec View Post
    I used the mount that came with the Helix7. It’s been fine
    That is what I am using now but would like to get it up off the deck a little higher.

The RAM single arm makes adjusting easy. I'm using this for a Helix 10 and it works great.
    https://rammount.com/products/ram-10...llXCbqGq9Z_jdY

8. Member
    I use a little ram mount on my little boat and helix 7.
    2023 Phoenix 819 pro
    2023 200 Pro XS 4s 3B373365

pond boat
    2020 pelican Bass raider 10E

I gotta tell ya, the Balzout mounts are extremely stout yet very light weight. Now that I own one, it will be my choice when I need another.
    2000 Javelin Renegade 20 DC.
    Strong men create easy times, Easy times create weak men & weak men create hard times. Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum
    In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.
    In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings. "Author Unknown"
    In 2021 18-40 year old's want to and work to cancel you out if you have a different opinion.

10. Member
    Have an old Lowrance HDS Touch 7" mounted on the console on a RAM mount.

11. Member
    I recommend a Johnny Ray mount; allows for easy removal for security and you can adjust the angle.
    ciao,
    Marc

12. Member
    I've been using thisram mount for my two helix 7s (bow and console) for the last six years. I've never had a problem with them

https://rammount.com/products/ram-111b-354-tra1u
    2018 Tracker Pro Team 190 TX
    115 Mercury Pro XS 4S

Quote Originally Posted by Goldstar225 View Post
    I've been using thisram mount for my two helix 7s (bow and console) for the last six years. I've never had a problem with them

https://rammount.com/products/ram-111b-354-tra1u
    How does this mount at the bow? I haven't looked at these before.

14. Member
    [QUOTE=Stratos92;13406182]How does this mount at the bow? I haven't looked at these before.
    You need this for the base. Srew or bolt it down

https://rammount.com/collections/pop...ducts/ram-202u

15. Member
    Ram Mounts Universal Electronics Mount…..$69 at most stores. 4 1/4” ss bolts, fender washers & nylock nuts.

Lightning 6
    2007 TR-196DC

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Marcantonio View Post
    I recommend a Johnny Ray mount; allows for easy removal for security and you can adjust the angle.
    Thee mounts are very durable and cost effective, also don't have to worry about covering old mounting holes when upgrading electronics.