Question 1985 Evinrude 150 XP—Should I replace other ignition system parts?

I just replaced the power pack on the starboard side because I couldn’t get it to run and had no spark on one of the cylinders (possibly weak spark on the others on that bank). Should I plan to replace the rest of the ignition system components in the near future as a preventative maintenance while I can still get the parts? I know that the parts inventory for this outboard isn’t as abundant as it once was, and am just thinking ahead if it is worth getting the rest of the ignition parts while I still can before I have no choice but to repower to a newer 4-stroke.
    1985 Skeeter SF-175 & 1985 Evinrude 150 XP (with VRO removed)

2. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Sure why not it's your money and if it makes you feel good about having the parts on hand for future needs, go for it.

3. Member
    ++ to Championman.
    the good news all the ignition parts, the stator, the voltage regulator are available as aftermarket. CDI offers all of these which can have improvements from OEM

4. Member
    Thanks for the feedback and advice, as always. My replacement power pack is CDI, so maybe it will last longer than the replacement OMC one that a shop installed back around 2010. With this vintage of outboard, I wasn’t sure if the ignition system is sensitive enough that you might as well replace the other side while at it, as can be the case with mechanical parts for automobiles, for instance.

5. Ohio Fishing Reports Moderator omcforever's Avatar
    Parts abound/are plentiful for the old crossflows.....

Age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill !!