Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Trey has been well schooled by his mentor and team partner (Rick Cheatham). He deserves a lot of credit for taking care of this young man’s career choices, all with his parents (Kim & Rick McK.) blessing. We followed Trey’s road to the Elites for a long time, several years before his successes as a high school angler. His multiple qualifications in Bill Siemantel’s National youth event, and USA Bassin’, gave us a more direct view of his talent and his persona. Trey had already won boats, and led both team and individual AOY points, before he turned 18.

He was raised humble by his parents and to believe in faith. He’s no flash in the pan and he did that before todays FFS equipment. His professionalism will grow as he matures even more.
    Last edited by Bass Cat Boats; 03-02-2024 at 06:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cmclairday2 View Post
    That’s the most stupid fn take and every time anyone says it I cringe. You and so many others who say this are not thinking. Imagine how much further along many of us would be if our formative years had been in the last decade and a half, where information is a YouTube away and our young minds were still sponges that soaked up all of it. At 44 I have to watch something a few times to even remember the details, and that’s usually after I’ve watched something once, went out and tried it, couldn’t remember half the details and then had to watch it again a few times to get it down. A 12 year old sees something once and it’s locked in. Then go through the boot camps of high school and college fishing, not just taking papaws John boat out to the pond every now and then. Then couple all of that with the most advanced electronics and mapping seen to date in the industry…Now take this entire package and put it on the water and what you have is a fishing machine. It’s stupid to attribute these young anglers success to a little black box and a screen. If you took away FFS tomorrow would it be somewhat of an equalizer? Sure, for a little while. But they would figure it out and figure it out fast. Instead of being the grouchy old man yelling at the kids on his lawn, why not give embracing this new generation a chance and watch what they accomplish?
    Very well said Mark!!

Why can't we just give the kid his due accolades and be proud for him? He deserves it. There's so much hate and jelly in this world and lots here showing hillbilly, redneck, yay-hoo, hick mentality.

I love watching the kid. He's mature beyond his years. He could have stuck his chest out yesterday at weigh-in cause he's whipping the best fishermen in the world right now. When Mercer asked him what he thinks about it, he just kinda ducked his head a little and said " I just know that I'm blessed".

He's gotta cool accent, too. Love to hear him talk. Take heed some of you, here. You may learn something. At the least, how to treat people.
    Dallas Cowboys…..Eventual Super Bowl Champions

4. Member
    Every time I see him I think it is a young Casey Ashley.

Can he sing ?

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fishin couillon View Post
    .....well there are some others that don't like Matty Wong.....they both talked the same amount....
    I was being sarcastic. Kid can fish.

7. Member
    Trey is awesome. What a fisherman.

8. Member
    Anybody else think that over he just caught looked bigger than 8? Studio guys were on the verge of questioning it but backed off.
    2014 Ranger Z520C, Yamaha 250 SHO

Quote Originally Posted by Mike A View Post
    Anybody else think that over he just caught looked bigger than 8? Studio guys were on the verge of questioning it but backed off.
    It looked bigger but the scales don't lie.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wareagle24 View Post
    It looked bigger but the scales don't lie.
    They can

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike A View Post
    Yea definitely looked bigger. Thought it was gonna be a DD

Quote Originally Posted by Okie Poke View Post
    Why can't we just give the kid his due accolades and be proud for him? He deserves it. There's so much hate and jelly in this world and lots here showing hillbilly, redneck, yay-hoo, hick mentality.

I love watching the kid. He's mature beyond his years. He could have stuck his chest out yesterday at weigh-in cause he's whipping the best fishermen in the world right now. When Mercer asked him what he thinks about it, he just kinda ducked his head a little and said " I just know that I'm blessed".

He's gotta cool accent, too. Love to hear him talk. Take heed some of you, here. You may learn something. At the least, how to treat people.
    It's the younger generation's job to pass by the previous generations and move forward, that's how it's supposed to work. If they're obnoxious about it then by all means let 'em have it with both barrels but if they're humble and respectful then we've done our job.
    Ranting incoherently

13. Member
    I really like hearing him talk. He has an unusual accent. It's like you mix the North with the South and throw in a touch of Cajun.

it’s an especially unusual accent for Carbondale, IL.

Even with a hook in his finger he keeps his cool

Kid is on fire 90 plus and half the day left
    "The handicapped angler"

Dripping Springs, Texas and Wahpeton, Iowa
    Originally Posted by cmclairday2
    That’s the most stupid fn take and every time anyone says it I cringe. You and so many others who say this are not thinking. Imagine how much further along many of us would be if our formative years had been in the last decade and a half, where information is a YouTube away and our young minds were still sponges that soaked up all of it. At 44 I have to watch something a few times to even remember the details, and that’s usually after I’ve watched something once, went out and tried it, couldn’t remember half the details and then had to watch it again a few times to get it down. A 12 year old sees something once and it’s locked in. Then go through the boot camps of high school and college fishing, not just taking papaws John boat out to the pond every now and then. Then couple all of that with the most advanced electronics and mapping seen to date in the industry…Now take this entire package and put it on the water and what you have is a fishing machine. It’s stupid to attribute these young anglers success to a little black box and a screen. If you took away FFS tomorrow would it be somewhat of an equalizer? Sure, for a little while. But they would figure it out and figure it out fast. Instead of being the grouchy old man yelling at the kids on his lawn, why not give embracing this new generation a chance and watch what they accomplish?

Very well said Mark!!
    Yep tossing out the old, ridiculous, lame and stupid “Video Gamer Moniker” to diminish the accomplishments of Anglers who have worked hard at their craft is just another remark by someone too lazy to come up with anything else.

I’ve encountered these kind of individuals who’ve commented on my long distance kayaking racing saying “That all you have to do is float down the river” none of them have ever taken up my offers to do a long race or even just a 10 mile jaunt.

16. Hawg Catcher!! Big Bass Man's Avatar
    Took a hook in the hand like a pro!!

Great young angler with a promising future.

18. Member
    Anyone that knows Trey or has fished against him knows he is the real deal. The kid fishes every single day. He also had his own fishing show when he was younger called Training up the Next Generation, where he would fish with big name pros like Andy Morgan.

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MichAngler View Post
    He said he’d rather be up shallow sight fishing
    He said that & made the PROFESSIONAL decision to fish what gives him the best chance to win. WAY WAY MORE admiration & respect for that than other guys going to the bank because they're a "rebel" or "could die without turning that thing on" and whining & crying about the "evil " ffs. Hope this young man absolutely smokes everybody.

20. Member
    Don't hate the player, hate the game....
    Looking for my next bite!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast