Humminbird warranty

Got a 3 mo old mega 360 that is dead shorted. After speaking with thier support folks, they want to send ne a new power cable before taking next steps. Would something like this be a repair or replace? Support would not answer this.

MEGA 360 is repairable depending on the issue.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

3. Member
    Went from working fine Monday to blowing the main fuse on my harness Tuesday. They emailed to say the power cable hasn't shipped yet. I removed the original cable and it looks fine...maybe the shipped one will fox the problem. I'm afraid the problem is closer to the transducer.

4. Humminbird Moderator SLYDoggie's Avatar
    Unlike Mega Live, which is a 100% replace item, Mega 360 can be either repair or replace, depending on what the issue is. It carries a 2 year warranty, so you are good in either case.
    Last edited by SLYDoggie; 03-03-2024 at 01:06 PM.
    ---> Regards, Steve Yarbrough (AKA: SLYDoggieTN on YouTube)
    • Apex 19/16/13, Mega 360, and Mega Live
    • Minn Kota Ulterra Quest Trolling Motor
    • (2) Cannon Optimum Bluetooth Downriggers
    • Impulse Lithium Batteries... 36V 60AH for Trolling Motor, (2) 12V 120AH for Cranking & Electronics, 12V 60AH for Downriggers

I had a M360 that was constantly blowing fuses. They sent me another one which I’m sure was a reman since the shaft was longer than the one I sent in. Mine was also out of warranty though.
    2017 Ranger Z520c "Blackout Edition"
    2017 Mercury Optimax ProXS 250
    HB Solix 12 G3 MSI+, Solix 12 G2 MSI+, Solix G2 MDI+, Solix 12 2d/gps, Ultrex Mega360, Mega Live
    NRA Life Member
    -Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour-

6. Member
    This started Tuesday last week. I assume overnight delivery to me and the service group from humminbird had different meaning. Hasn't shipped yet whether it's overnight delivery or not.

7. Member
    They emailed this morning and said the power cable would ship overnight today. Still no tracking. I don't believe the power cable is the fix. If I disconnect the power cable at the connector no fuses blow. If I connect the power cable to the transducer 2-3 seconds later it blows the main harness fuse. Looks like I can get ready to be without my 360 this spring.

8. Humminbird Moderator SLYDoggie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BigCranks View Post
    They emailed this morning and said the power cable would ship overnight today. Still no tracking. I don't believe the power cable is the fix. If I disconnect the power cable at the connector no fuses blow. If I connect the power cable to the transducer 2-3 seconds later it blows the main harness fuse. Looks like I can get ready to be without my 360 this spring.
    Typical turnaround on Humminbird repairs is about a week from the date you sent the item to them. They rarely take more than a day or two, once received, to do the repair or replacement.
    • Impulse Lithium Batteries... 36V 60AH for Trolling Motor, (2) 12V 120AH for Cranking & Electronics, 12V 60AH for Downriggers

9. Member
    I get the process they use takes precedence, but the power cable isn't the problem. I can put the cable back on the network and the harness fuses are fine. Once I connect the transducer cable to the power cable and turn the disconnect on it pops the main fuse within 2-3 seconds. I explained this to the support folks, I'm sure they're reading from a book that says replace the power cable first no matter what. So if the cable does show up today, when the problem still exists, I'll have to wait another week for a return label, then another week fir the m360 transducer to be either repaired or replaced? That the process?

10. Member
    Cranks, Do you think there should be a team that shows up at your garage and has your $1500 item fixed immediately? I am sure they did that for KVD when he was the biggest advertising item in the fishing world! They do a pretty good job for the rest of us. JMO Bob
    Tell me where has a slow movin' once quick draw outlaw got to go

11. Member
    Absolutely not...but I do believe they could have cleaned this up. At the beginning I received emails saying the original order to ship got deleted and had to be re entered. This is my first bird...and getting in 5 trips before this happened, so yes I think they could have done a better job. It's all good...I put this helix and m360 stand alone on the bow in Nov.

12. Humminbird Moderator SLYDoggie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BigCranks View Post
    Absolutely not...but I do believe they could have cleaned this up. At the beginning I received emails saying the original order to ship got deleted and had to be re entered. This is my first bird...and getting in 5 trips before this happened, so yes I think they could have done a better job. It's all good...I put this helix and m360 stand alone on the bow in Nov.
    Sorry, to hear that things may not have gone as they typically do on the majority of the Humminbird1 support issues. Humminbird is typically very fast and goes above and beyond. That doesn't mean that they don't have a few hiccups here and there. Sorry that you seem to have been one of the "hiccups". I know that the fact that they typically do good, doesn't make you feel any better about your situation.

13. Member
    Just got the cable. I'll install it later this afternoon and we'll see...