Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Tire rotation/balance cost… inflation!

Went to a rural tire shop and was charged $80 for 20 in. tire R&B. Thought I got ripped off so when I got home I looked up average price in area which was $95-$120!!! For some reason I thought it would be $20-$30

2. Member
    That’s why I buy at a local tire shop. Free rotation. I used to always do them myself. Getting old.

3. Member
    Walmart gives free tire rotations as long as you have the tires on your vehicle.

Went to the local Dodge dealer to get an oil change and tire rotation on my Ram 1500. When I picked it up the charge was $142. I could have bought the Mopar filter and the oil from Amazon for $29. I went home and when the survey came by email I blasted them. The manager called me the next day and said my next one would be free and he would get the price under control. Heck, the Chevy dealer told me to bring it to them and they would do it for me for $80.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jigman51 View Post
    Walmart gives free tire rotations as long as you have the tires on your vehicle.

Went to the local Dodge dealer to get an oil change and tire rotation on my Ram 1500. When I picked it up the charge was $142. I could have bought the Mopar filter and the oil from Amazon for $29. I went home and when the survey came by email I blasted them. The manager called me the next day and said my next one would be free and he would get the price under control. Heck, the Chevy dealer told me to bring it to them and they would do it for me for $80.
    Who sets the price at a dealership?

5. Member
    My local time shop give free rotation and balances when they do.

6. Member
    Tire discounters free rotations no question ask. Don’t matter where you bought the tires. Worker there told me treat the customer right they will be back. So I have oil changed in a new truck and rotate the tires while it’s there. When I buy tires I’ll buy from them.

7. Member
    I still do all my own at 80 yrs. No stripped oil plugs, over tightend filters, cross threaded lugs and destroyed studs.last time I had it done professionally they put one in the right spot, one back where it came off, and the other were wrong.

Why I only buy tires at Discount Tire.
    Don't worry Ma'am....
    I'm only here for the
    Bass.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Moose720 View Post
    I would guess the shop boss, not sure. I called another Dodge dealer to check out their price and they said around $100. That is still too high but there doesn't seem to be any consistency throughout the Ram dealers. I only take it to them while the vehicle is under warranty. That way there is no bitching if something goes wrong under warranty.

10. Member
    Stay far far far away from Mavis Tire for ANYTHING on your vehicle.
    Hi Mike.

11. Member
    oh yeah prices are ridiculous like everything..

12. Member
    What would they charge if you pull them off at home and bring in. They only have to balance?
    Hang on. I'll help you in 77 minutes.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Moose720 View Post
    comes down to the directors of parts/service/fixed ops of that dealership.. Amazing to me the difference from dealer to dealer..

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerFan View Post
    We too for the last decade or two. And when I've had the odd tire issue while out of town, they new who I was and what I had and were ready to help.
    Bruce
    2019 20 TRX Patriot
    Mercury 250 ProXS Fourstroke
    HDS 12 Live - Console
    HDS 9 Live - Bow

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SoonerFan View Post
    Me to for over thirty years

16. Member
    Costco will give you with a 4 tire purchase; free tire rotation, free flat repair, free winter tire change-over, and all at a great price. To get an appointment, you have to book far in advance.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FrancoCialone View Post
    Costco will give you with a 4 tire purchase; free tire rotation, free flat repair, free winter tire change-over, and all at a great price. To get an appointment, you have to book far in advance.
    This...except here it has only been 3-4 days out.

Quote Originally Posted by jigman51 View Post
    I would balance my own tires with a metal rod and some sticky weights before trusting any Walmart auto center staff to do it properly. JMO based on personal experience.

19. Member
    The problem with Costco is that they have very limited selection of brands and styles. For my Tundra... only Bridgestone and Michelin all season tires were available... no AT or MT choices at all.

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FrancoCialone View Post
    costco is great to me.

One downside, the toyota dealer does not want to do a brake check unless they rotate the tires :(
    Last edited by davidsa; 03-01-2024 at 04:51 PM.
    2024 Phoenix 818
    2024 merc 175 pro xs 3B411947

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast