Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar

BRAND NEW- HOT OFF THE PRESS OUTBOARD MAINTENANCE MANUAL!

Hot off the Press: Outboard Maintenance Recommendations Manual. Part# 8M0186321.

This manual can be special ordered through Rhonda, or any Authorized Mercury Dealer. It is available in ONLY Paper-Manual format.

Covers all Current (and Recent) 4-Stroke Models, as well as the 3L Optimax models (including ProXS).

Covers engine Specs, Recommended Maintenance, and has detailed procedures for a number of the common items you would be doing during that maintenance.

Though written for Service Techs with a solid understanding of the engine and it's systems, I believe it would be an invaluable tool for a Do-It-Yourselfer as well.

I like just because it's got the info for any current productions model right there at your fingertips!

Does NOT cover any other engine models... sorry!

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

Pro XS as in 2 stroke like in my signature? If so that would awesome!
    2006 Triton TR-21 XD, Mercury 225 Pro XS, S/N 1B287870

Thank's Don

Steve McQueen "Le Mans"
    Own the Champ! Life Long Petty Fan!

2003 ChampioN 2006 250 Merc. XB, Prop By Mark C.
    2002 Ranger Okeechobee Special EvinRude Ficht 90 / 9.9 4-Stroke GLAD to have a Get me to the Dock motor maybe!

4. Member
    nice
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

5. Member
    Would it include much more than in the older factory service manual?

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jerzia View Post
    Would it include much more than in the older factory service manual?
    No this is a MAINTENANCE manual

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage View Post
    No this is a MAINTENANCE manual
    Thanks! I may as well pick one up, can never have enough info.

Does it cover 2005 optimax and what is the price.
    Twin 200 2005 Mercury Optimax Engines
    1B191661
    1B160290

9. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    We don't quote prices in the Forums as they change regularly.

While I have a copy of this manual in my hands... it has apparently not yet been released (expect it will be soon). I'll update the post when that happens.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

10. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    As of today the part number is now available for ordering.

11. Member
    I received my manual today. Thanks, Don!!
    2014 Bass Cat Eyra
    2014 Mercury 250 ProXS

12. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Glancing through it myself, I wanted one in my toolbox!

13. Member
    Don, can you confirm this manual covers the 2-stroke ProXS models (SN 1B722451 in my case) ? Sounds like it based on your original post, but wanted to confirm. Is it an updated version of the 8M0122801 manual?

14. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by caddelma View Post
    Don, can you confirm this manual covers the 2-stroke ProXS models (SN 1B722451 in my case) ? Sounds like it based on your original post, but wanted to confirm. Is it an updated version of the 8M0122801 manual?
    Lastest of the ProXS Optimax models are covered. The 8M0122801 (older) manual supersedes to this one.

15. Member
    got mine yesterday along with electric 7.5 motor manuel
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

16. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar