Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar

Thumbs Up BRAND NEW- HOT OFF THE PRESS OUTBOARD MAINTENANCE MANUAL!

Hot off the Press: Outboard Maintenance Recommendations Manual. Part# 8M0186321.

This manual can be special ordered through Rhonda, or any Authorized Mercury Dealer. It is available in ONLY Paper-Manual format.

Covers all Current (and Recent) 4-Stroke Models, as well as the 3L Optimax models (including ProXS).

Covers engine Specs, Recommended Maintenance, and has detailed procedures for a number of the common items you would be doing during that maintenance.

Though written for Service Techs with a solid understanding of the engine and it's systems, I believe it would be an invaluable tool for a Do-It-Yourselfer as well.

I like just because it's got the info for any current productions model right there at your fingertips!

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

3. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Turns out we can't order it "quite yet" but I do have one in my hands and it's a fantastic resource.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

4. Member
    What's the price on that bad boy? I like maintenance manuals!

5. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    They are not available to order- We don't quote prices in the forums as there's just not enough hours in the day to reprice all of them.

Rhonda can assist you... see her post pinned at the top of the Forum for contact info.

6. Ranger Boats Moderator 22RangerZ520R's Avatar

2022 Ranger Z520R | 2022 Platinum F250
    Apex 19 | (2) Apex 16's | Mega 360 | Mega Live

7. Member
    For a guy that services many different models I can see the value in it.

For a guy that has just one model I prefer to have a model specific dedicated manual. Less chance for confusion and misunderstandings to arise.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by yam911 View Post
    For a guy that services many different models I can see the value in it.

For a guy that has just one model I prefer to have a model specific dedicated manual. Less chance for confusion and misunderstandings to arise.
    Same here.
    _______

Phil
    '09 Hewescraft ProV
    '09 150 Optimax

9. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    This particular manual is quite detailed for most of the common services, and broken down into the various engine models currently in production. Enough so that I ordered several the moment I saw it.

10. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Rhonda now has these IN STOCK for anyone that wants to purchase one.

11. Member
    If a guy already owns the service manual for his outboard, does this manual add to the knowledge base available there?
    2016 Ranger 1850 LS Reata / Merc 150 4s / SmartCraft / Lowrance HDS Carbon SS3D

12. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    I would say it supplements it. The fact that it's condensed into a section for that engine is quite helpful, especially for anyone that services 2 or more different engines.