Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 4motion View Post
    Then what is this? Was this not caused by ethanol over time? I am curious.
    As Don said, ethanol fuel in non-ethanol safe fuel line. I replaced my fuel lines shortly after joining BBC and learning about correct line for ethanol. The original lines in my boat had red or orange lettering, not approved for ethanol fuel.
    _______

Phil
    '09 Hewescraft ProV
    '09 150 Optimax

2. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    In addition to what Phil stated above- it's extremely likely that you at one time had fuel in excess of 10% ethanol in there.

According to most engineers... if they design a product to withstand "x" without "y" occurring, and then "Y" occurs, they know that "X exceeded it's maximum parameters".

Example would be a carport with engineered drawings to 80 MPH winds. Storm blows through and it's laying on the ground. Engineer comes out, sees it on the ground, and says: "Yup... the wind definitely exceeded 80 MPH". He knows this because he designed it and the materials/design were rated to meet or exceed that rating.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12