Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    They look like the Exprides. They will be winners if they fish like them.

how do you tell which ones have the glass blend ????? I know they used to put a "G" somewhere in the model number but did not see any that had that ,,, I'm looking at the 7'2" Med / Fast as possibly a crankbait rod the model is ZLON721MFB,,,,,,, ,,, but if these are blended / composite rods then I have zero interest
    Last edited by River-Bandit; 03-17-2024 at 07:43 PM.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by River-Bandit View Post
    how do do tell which ones have the glass blend ????? I know they used to put a "G" somewhere in the model number but did not see any that had that ,,, I'm looking at the 7'2" Med / Fast as possibly a crankbait rod the model is ZLON721MFB,,,,,,, ,,, but if these are blended / composite rods then I have zero interest
    I believe the ones with FL, which i assume means Flexlite, are the blended models.

Quote Originally Posted by Hollopoint94 View Post
    I believe the ones with FL, which i assume means Flexlite, are the blended models.
    Ahhhhh,,, makes sense ,,, thank you sir

Great another line of rods I need to look at. Like I don’t have a bunch already

6. Member
    If you wanna save a few hundred bucks

The 73 H fishes and feels almost exactly like the evergreen jackhammer super combat rod

and it’s an ounce lighter

Untitled by , on Flickr
    Last edited by gear junkie; 03-18-2024 at 11:33 AM.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gear junkie View Post
    If you wanna save a few hundred bucks

The 73 H fishes and feels almost exactly like the evergreen jackhammer super combat rod

and it’s an ounce lighter

https://flic.kr/p/2pDWxcc
    Hey Benjie, what aftermarket Drag Star is on the Steez that's mounted on the EG Jackhammer Super Combat?

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dragon1 View Post
    Hey Benjie, what aftermarket Drag Star is on the Steez that's mounted on the EG Jackhammer Super Combat?

Zpi Pentagon Drag

I've been extremely busy lately with Classic prep and other ventures in life, apologies for the late responses.

Quote Originally Posted by dragon1 View Post
    Thanks Gary. If you get a chance would you weigh that model as well?
    Van, I will do so as soon as I have the opportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by heelamonster View Post
    Also Gray, if you don't mind - I'd like your opinion on if that 610 is too "soft" for a 3/8 or 1/2 oz spinnerbait? And maybe a date when you expect them in :-)
    I've been using this rod a lot since I got it - 1/2 oz jack hammers and the Megabass SV-3 Spinnerbait in both 3/8 and 1/2 oz. It handles these baits much better than I anticipated. It's also really fun with the S-Crank 1.5! They'll be in when we get back from the Classic at the beginning of next week, along with a LOAD of new Daiwa product being introduced at the Classic.

Quote Originally Posted by Big-Bass1 View Post
    Gary, what models stand out in the series? Any bottom contact models? Thank you.
    I've only fished a handful of these so far, so I can't pick stand outs until I have more time on the water with more models. I've been enjoying the 72H however and comparing its similarities to the Steez AGS 72H Power Pitch after which it was modeled...

10. Member
    The 72H is the one I have my eye on. Want a power pitch clone!

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gear junkie View Post
    Zpi Pentagon Drag
    Perfect...I have two of the OG screw threading ones in red and purple. I didn't realize that there were ones made the new style non threaded Daiwas like the current Zillion.

12. Member
    I know it’s not all about weight but for comparison the zillion 7’2H weighs over an ounce more than the expride 73 xh, 5.6 vs 4.4

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief250 View Post
    I know it’s not all about weight but for comparison the zillion 7’2H weighs over an ounce more than the expride 73 xh, 5.6 vs 4.4
    Weird, there is a post on TT stating the current Zillion 7'2"H is 4.8 vs the same blank in the Steez AGS at 4.3.

14. Member
    Inquiring minds want to know… I’ve got some money burning a hole in my pocket. Do these fish relatively close to the Steez with respect to sensitivity and crispness? I’ve got my eye on the 7’3MH, 7’5”MHH and the 7’3” heavy glass. I know some thoughts have already been shared but I didn’t note anything that was conclusive enough to put me at ease in my purchase. I’ll either get Steezs or Zillions but would prefer to get the Zillions if they’re close to the Steez without the AGS guides. Thanks in advance.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimbro1014 View Post
    Inquiring minds want to know… I’ve got some money burning a hole in my pocket. Do these fish relatively close to the Steez with respect to sensitivity and crispness? I’ve got my eye on the 7’3MH, 7’5”MHH and the 7’3” heavy glass. I know some thoughts have already been shared but I didn’t note anything that was conclusive enough to put me at ease in my purchase. I’ll either get Steezs or Zillions but would prefer to get the Zillions if they’re close to the Steez without the AGS guides. Thanks in advance.
    They are much softer than the overlapping Steez rods. Especially the 7'5 MMH. I was pretty disappointed when I checked out the zillions in person.
    I come from the land of the ice and snow.
    YouTube: PunchFishing

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12